1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fun thread - what are you listening to?

Discussion in 'Off topic - chew the fat' started by Zooey, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Got this on right now. Saw them live three times. Great video!

2. Oy

Best Korn video ever :)

3. Oy

2006 - 14 years ago - seems like 4!
  4. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Well, it has taken me since June 13th but I am through Dvořák's opus and a superb, melodic listen it was too.

My CD listening whilst working from home allows for 3 or 4 CDs a day (with lots of interruptions from pesky Skype) and today Sir Edward Elgar cycles into view. As he said in 1901, he's got some tunes "that'll knock 'em flat!". He wasn't one for the guitar though, I'm afraid.
  5. Oy

I'll just leave this here :)

6. Dvorak

Good point. Excellent music.

I've been to see Elgar's music in concert...but I've been to see Candice and Ritchie in person at concerts. :thumbup:
  7. Dvorak

And tomorrow in my lockdown alphabetical listen, I reach for my CDs of music of this chap...

[​IMG]

Frederick the Great - eighteenth century patron of the arts and decent flute player. Memorable quote: "A crown is merely a hat that lets the rain in."

After that, if I don't get any calls or Skypes, I may even squeeze another F too. That'll be the music of the Czech composer and mate of Dvořák, Meastro Julius Fučík (he did that lively number they play at the circus when the clowns come in - you're all humming it now).
  8. Oy

The Master...

9. This has an epic intro!

10. Oy

Epic indeed!
  11. Oy

12. Dvorak

Just to continue with some proper culture :geek: - I am proceeding on my journey through my discs in alphabetical order since lockdown. I'm today up to Gustav Mahler's symphonies and you will all know this one.

Despite being halfway through the alphabet, I am less than a fifth through my discs as there's a lot of compilations after composers beginning with Z which are filed in instrument or performer order or feature multiple composers. Of course.
  13. Really enjoying a bit of Prog at the moment:

14. Oy

Superb!

This seems apt...

15. This is totally bonkers. I LOVE IT!! :w00t:

16. Try this one A Genesis cover -check him out , hes Peter Jones ( multi talented ) Keyboard player and singer with Camel as well now and Peter is totally Blind , How the eck he has learned to play like this is beyond me , hes great live support him and check him out ,hes a wonderful guy . Give this a listen shut your eyes its Phil Collins from the original :)
  17. Tchaikovsky The Nutcracker Suite by the Berlin Philharmonic. The Waltz of the Flowers is the most beautiful music ever written, IMHO!
  18. Not heard much Slipknot then?
  19. Oy

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
  20. Oy

The first Ramones track I ever owned...