1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fun thread - what are you listening to?

Discussion in 'Off topic - chew the fat' started by Zooey, Jul 7, 2015.

1. My Owd pal Nick giving us a song

2. I'm sadly only getting into Pink Floyd now. This restored and re-edited version of Pulse from 1994 is full of annoying ads, but... have they ever been better? :)

3. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

My alphabetical order listen through my classical CDs since lockdown, averaging 3 or 4 a day now, has got me to Brahms. Various recordings of the violin concerto to enjoy today and tomorrow.

He was a bit of a rock and roller in his day: grew a massive beard to hide the fact that he refused to wear a tie.
  4. I've also been gorging on Puccini with the free concerts from the Metropolitan Opera. I've seen Madame Butterfly and La Boheme live, but good to see the 1977 version with Pavarotti. Many years ago I had been hoping to see Andrea Bocelli in Tosca in Italy, but it never happened. I have flown up to Glasgow twice to see him live and bawled like a baby. The lady sitting next to me had to ask if I was OK.

I still play Eminem to hubby's disgust though :rofl:
  5. I've always loved Nina Simone. I never heard this before though until watching Life on Mars on iPlayer tonight. Wow! :)

6. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Currently listening to The Sweet following Steve Priest's death this week. A very underrated rock band once you get past the poppy glam stuff.

7. I saw that on the news. Very sad :(
  8. Oy

None of us are getting out if this thing alive.
  9. Very true, but I plan on taking a few more photographs first :)
  10. Oy

I've already taken more than I thought I wopuld at one point about 8 weeks ago! Just thankful to be here. A new perspective!
  11. We are all thankful you are here too :)
  12. Oy

[​IMG]
  13. I haven't had a hug for years - either virtual or otherwise. Cheers for this :)
  14. Oy

Bit of CULT on at the moment.

15. A spot of Robert Zimmerman for me...
  16. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

I start the second shelf of my classical collection marathon in lockdown this week. I'm averaging two or three CDs a day.

Yes, it's D for my namesake on Monday. WOOT!
  17. David Gilmore live at Gdansk Comfortably Numb on at the moment pretty awesome
  18. Quarantine humor (and a take of a Johnny Cash song)
  19. While cycling today I listened to Josh Groban Stages. I’m a big fan of musicals so this was nice to sing along with on a pleasant and sunny morning.