1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking caps on chaps.

Discussion in 'General chit-chat' started by Stansgang, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

One of the things I really like about SmugMug is the quality of the files it generates from my originals. They're as sharp as versions I resize and sharpen myself - and they all retain my EXIF info.
  2. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Okay, popcorn eaters.

The latest from my PB friend Lynsey, in connection with my complaint that the full size originals she said last week would now work...again don't. Both @Maurice and I have experienced their failure to maintain the service that they promised me was sorted only a week ago. And that was, you recall, after trying to say it was my fault that my browser cache was full. Lynsey now says...

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, we are currently working on improving site performance. As a result, users who opted to display/linked out their original photos, the web size version are getting displayed instead. We are working on the fix immediately. We will keep you posted.

I want to clarify that I did not promise that the ~original's would continue to display indefinitely. This feature was grandfathered to your account, and at this time is still available for your account, but it is not a feature that is available to all accounts. This feature may change due to the site improvements we are currently working on.

So, aside again from the bad grammar in her modifiers, she claims the sole feature I pay for may stop because of 'improvements'. She adds that colleagues on the forum may want to contact her directly. I told them you've all left for Smugmug. :)