1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking caps on chaps.

Discussion in 'General chit-chat' started by Stansgang, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Ok gang can you get your thinking caps on and see if we can find a better way of uploading on here than Photobucket.If any of you post by another means and not just Flickr please enlighten us.Ta.
  2. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Try http://postimg.org

Seems good so far - I used it a few years back for a while when Photobucket was being daft again.
  3. Why not Flickr?
  4. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

1. Anyone asked Photobucket?
    2. I haven't as mine seem to be okay.
    3. I have a lot of photos on Photobucket and am paying for it, so I am not very keen to throw them all away.
    4. Thoughts?
  5. Stansgang

I have just used the one Oy as mentioned and dead easy well it worked so I am going to try this over next few days,no cost involved either which suits owd pensioner codgers like me.
  6. Oy

Just make sure you tick the "Family safe" button when you upload your pix - otherwise folk may get a message saying Adult Image Host.
  7. Stansgang

Did do that but yes worth mentioning for others to note on here.
  8. On their site they do a plugin which I think would work with this forum did you see the link above? If this site is good it'd mean we can just upload to it directly while making a post here, without having to visit the other site? Sounds good to me?
  9. Flickr seems pretty stable, especially compared to photo bucket.

I alos find if I use some cellotape and a print, it becomes a sticky thread.
  10. Oy

Looks interesting. Not available for our software at the moment. I'm wondering what they get out of it?
  11. Still can't understand why people can't see Flickr is the easiest way to upload pics and link to anywhere ,why use another buggy site ,flickr is more or less stable all the time . :)
  12. I left Flickr when they changed a few years ago. I didn't like the way they treated their loyal customers. To my mind they sold out to the advertisers and photographers became the product. About two years ago I moved my web hosting to an English company who recently split to become Jolt. They are excellent and I get a whopping 400Gb for less than £40 per year. I have my web site there and space to move my blog if I ever had problems with Wordpress. I use it for extra back up space on top of my three external hard drives and of course I use it for the images I put in here :)
  13. Photobucket seem okay, what's the problem?
  14. Oy

Does seem ok at the moment. It's been showing half or no images off and on for a while.
  15. Dvorak

I emailed them a day ago about the half picture situation. I will let you know as and when they reply. :shrug:

Not had any problems since I sent the message though, which is always the way isn't it...?
  16. Dvorak

They have just replied and asked me for screen shots and the usual holding statement asking for more information.
  17. How's a screen shot of half an image or no image going to help them exactly?! Or do they just not believe you lol.
  18. Dvorak

As suspected - this seems to be to do with their scaling back of support.

Josh at PB tells me:

''I was certainly confused as to why the problem was happening until you mentioned linking out large images. The option to link out original size images is no longer available. There currently isn't a plan to add that feature back. The display size for your linked out image depends on the size you selected in your upload options. To change you upload options, please see the following article for how to: http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200723884-Upload-Size-Options ''​

I suspect telling him what I think won't help, but I will try with any thoughts fellow Nutters may want to offer me...
  19. Oy

That's boolsheet.

The original option is no longer available for those that never had it or chose to remove it.

I still have it - and my pix using the ~original tag still show at the size I upload at... 1400px wide. s it shows in the link he sent you :bang: