1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zooey's Dozen

Discussion in 'The Best of 2018' started by Zooey, Jan 2, 2019.

1. 2018 was manic. As soon as hubby bought the little Powershot for reserves, I was spending up to three days a week freezing in one place or another. Then Spring arrived and I got into butterflies, thanks to a FB group who introduced me to species I didn't even know existed. I still got out with the Sony, to Norfolk and a demonstration in London before things turned quiet. With no more butterflies or trips on the horizon (I kept telling myself in Norfolk that I could never put myself through such a gruelling schedule ever again), I somehow ended up buying a second hand Nikon D800 and I was off again. I only bought myself a decent tripod last night, so haven't been able to try the long exposure locations on my ever growing list, but as soon as it arrives I will be out and about again. I've also booked a trip to Scotland that is twice as long as anything I've ever done before and with days 3 hours longer than my Norfolk trip. Sunrise to sunset should prove interesting... :)

Hare at Elmley. I had never even seen one in my life before, so I was thrilled to get a photograph
    [​IMG]

Marta, our three-legged, one-eyed cat in the sun
    [​IMG]

Kingfisher. Not the quality of images I've seen in here, but again, I had never seen one until recently and it's been amazing to take myself out and photograph them
    [​IMG]

I managed to get some pretty rare butterflies, like this Heath Fritillary in East Blean
    [​IMG]

I'm still passionate about my street photography
    [​IMG]

I made some friends and we go out wire wool spinning. This was taken while I was waiting for them
    [​IMG]

I discovered that if I set the Powershot to 200mm, I can get bugs from less than one inch away
    [​IMG]

I loved Norfolk
    [​IMG]

I got into my new 10 stop filter
    [​IMG]

I'd always missed autumn, but managed this at the last moment
    [​IMG]

Testing the D800 in London. Thrilled to find I can still hand hold at 1/10th
    [​IMG]

My last image of the year
    [​IMG]
  2. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Thanks for sharing these and all your 0ther shots this last year. There really are some fine memories and moments. Norfolk and Kent are my favourites.

We marvel at the stories you tell us on here, with good humour and best wishes. You paint pictures for us in every thread.

Here's to another year of creatures great and small and people too.
  3. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

I'm not a wordsmith like yon mon ^^^^ but this is a fab set - very well done! :clap:

Onwards and upwards for 2019! :D
  4. Thanks for sharing, Well worth looking.
  5. They are all crackers, you get such detail on the animals and bugs. My favourite one is the leaf in the water, such a simple yet effective shot.
  6. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Great set Zooey the Hare shot is special,the rest aren't bad either.
  7. Fantastic set and good representation of your work! I really like the people walking over the bridge but that last one is Ah-mazing!
  8. Simply wonderful. From the subjects to the light to the processing and composition.
  9. A great varied set.
  10. Great work, I expect no less! Hard to pick a fave, bit it’s the misty river and windmill for me, my kind of photograph.
  11. I liked the wildlife and landscape images the best. All well done.