1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woolston eyes nature reserve Warrington

Discussion in 'Landscapes and outdoor scenes' started by jon_t, Apr 4, 2015.

1. As none of the birds are close enough ,just a few shots to show one of the most protected breeding sites in Britain,and its in Warrington.This is where 60% of the British breeding population of Black necked grebes (the birds I posted last week )nest.You need to be a member to get on as its a locked gate that need a key.

1. Woolston Eyes Nature Reserve

[​IMG]Woolston Eyes Nature Reserve by John Tymon, on Flickr

2. Woolston Eyes Nature Reserve

3. Woolston Eyes Nature reserve

:)
  2. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

No2 for me and No3 in mono please.Great light.
  3. Doasnt quite work in mono ,not enough foreground interest when B&W :)
  4. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Looks like a nice place fot budgies :)
  5. Its like a mini Leighton Moss ,its a great site for Dragonflies and Butterflies too,Its £10 per year to join +£10 for a key which lets you into the site and along the ship canal with a car to the car park worth a look if they have a open day and its mega quiet as obviously if you need a key to get on the site its not full of knobs :)
  6. Oy

Sounds worth a look ta :)
  7. Oy

Ta

There may be a knob there in Summer :whistle:
  8. Sam

Sam

A nice set Jon,I like them all,it appears like the rushes and reeds are taking over,the last one for me.
  9. Its a highly managed site and the reeds are there as they are the breeding area for the black necked grebes, over a quarter of a million pounds has been spent on the managing of the site in the last 10 years :)
  10. Great skies
    those skies are ace
  11. Last one for me, I am on the no to mono side, those skies and colours work too well
  12. I am mightily impressed withthe quality of the light in those shots. Great coloring mixed with the good composition.
  13. Some nice light and sky action in these.