1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which is best.

Discussion in 'I shoot Film' started by Stansgang, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Being new to film even tho it was the only way to take pics when i was younger,back then i only had holiday pics and the like developed and printed 6x4,but now i can scan my own film is it better to have the film done as per normal in strip form or are they better done has film slides if you know what i mean.Cheers.
  2. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

No - I dunno what you mean by film scans.

My scanner works just fine with the short strips s they fit nicely in the holders on my scanner.
  3. Stansgang

I have re edited it mate i meant slides does that make sense.
  4. If you're asking whether you can have your negative film processed as slide/reversal film, then the answer is no, I'm afraid. You'll have to make do with negative strips. Although, its always nice to have prints, so you could have those too (6x4, 7x5 etc) and scan those. For the web, it doesn't really matter so much.
  5. I'm not entirely sure what you're asking either but if you mean slides like Chris says above, then he is correct.

Slide film is still readily available though from Fuji and Kodak have just announced the rebirth of Ektachrome. You can scan slide film and then also project it if you so desire to view as intended.
  6. I'm puzzled, but my film scanner has two holders. One for the strips of negatives and the other to hold about five or six individual slides. Slides should be mounted in cardboard. If, like me, you have already chucked the cardboard and mounted in glass, then you will have to prise them out and scan them individually in the negative holder. Trying to scan through glass causes problems, but the Anti-Newton glass (which I use) is finely textured and creates even more problems. That's why it has to be cardboard or nothing for scanning :)
  7. Stansgang

Thanks all for replies,sorry i couldnt word my question better.