1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ormskirk Parish Church.

Discussion in 'Architecture' started by Hollander, Nov 18, 2019.

1. A couple I took this morning.
    (The clock is stopped, by the way.)
    The silver birch tree in Pic 2 is affected by Witches' Broom fungus, which causes the clumps of twigs.
    [​IMG]orm1811 (1) by Hollander, on Flickr

[​IMG]orm1811 (2) by Hollander, on Flickr
  2. The lamp post in No1 distracts the shot for me - No2 is good with the shadows.
  3. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Bright and crisp autumnal scenes with very vivid colours for us.

I was lucky to get inside with my camera on a chance visit a few years ago but it was dull outside that day: can't win 'em all.
  4. Partial to church interiors myself, Dvorak. A few months ago, I had a look round Halifax Minster, and found myself faced with sensory overload. Well worth a look, if you're ever over there..
  5. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

You may be in for a treat @Hollander - one of our excellent regulars @Polly has been togging and logging the ancient churches of Kent and Romney Marsh for us for a few years. She's away just now but I am hoping for a brace of images soon. You may want to search our her work on here.

Keep them coming (all) folks!
  6. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

A tower AND a spire! A church designed by committee perhaps? :) Nicely shot though :)
  7. Originally built with a spire Oy, and the tower was added in the 16th century to house the bells which had been taken from Burscough Priory, at the time of the Dissolution, stone from said Priory being used to build the tower.
  8. Love the blue skies and the autumn colours. Nice.
  9. Very nicely done, a lonely looking building.
  10. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

I like No1 and if there is a lamp there then there is a lamp there.;)