1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 12 x 2014

Discussion in 'The Best of 2014' started by Foinavon, Jan 19, 2015.

1. So I finally got my 2014 backlog complete. Just the 2015 one to work on now....

The first one is of a great day out at the Falkirk Wheel.
    [​IMG]Falkirk Wheel by PaulEBennett, on Flickr

The second was taken at Euxton Skate park. I was very pleased that this lad's Mum liked the picture so much
    that she stuck it on a big canvas in their house. Not quite one for the bragging rights forum but it was nice to know! I found out afterwards that the maneuver he is performing is called a "Fingerwhip".

[​IMG]Air Walker by PaulEBennett, on Flickr

The second of my three HDR offerings is Normanton Church on Rutland Water.
    [​IMG]Normanton by PaulEBennett, on Flickr

This year I had the job of being the official togger for the Blackrod Scarecrow Festival. Me and my lad had walked around the whole village. He was a bit tired and leapt up on here for a sit down and I was glad to have my camera handy. So my best picture of the weekend didn't even have a scarecrow in it!

[​IMG]Blackrod Boy by PaulEBennett, on Flickr

Now my trip to France which produced (as well some oversize image postings :oops:) a few pictures that got on flickr Explore, which gave them more favourite points (>100) and views than any other's I had before. However my favourite picture of the whole holiday didn't get a single favourite point and that was this one.

[​IMG]I Love by PaulEBennett, on Flickr

of the one's that did make it on explore this was the best I think. My Niece Cecelia.

[​IMG]La Plage by PaulEBennett, on Flickr

I do like my cricket and it was an aim of mine to get a "bails in the air" shot when someone is out. Regrettebly the first time I managed this was when it was my own boy (I was more hoping for a "George hits a six" shot!). However the second time I managed it was none other that Moeen Ali in test match at Old Trafford.

[​IMG]Ali gets bowled by PaulEBennett, on Flickr

I do like Silhouettes (one day I will learn how to spell that word) hence the current competition theme. This was taken at the top of the Imperial War Museum in Salford.

[​IMG]Salford Silhouettes by PaulEBennett, on Flickr

This is one of my favourite spots. Underneath the Thelwall Viaduct. I prefer being down here to being stuck waiting to cross it.

[​IMG]Underneath the M6 by PaulEBennett, on Flickr

This is my nephew Archie.

[​IMG]Special Branch by PaulEBennett, on Flickr

I don't get nearly as many street shots as I'd like to but there is a lad bamboozled by a Levitating man!

[​IMG]Nothing Underneath? by PaulEBennett, on Flickr

Finally a late entry to the list (had to decide which one to evict) was the recent one of the canal barge at Adlington. Made even better with the help of this group! Thanks for looking.

[​IMG]Liverpool to Leeds (again) by PaulEBennett, on Flickr
  2. A fine doen indeed.
    The war musem window shot is my fave of the bunch but you have some family tresures in their too
    Its good that our personal photos are making the cut for 2014
    Dee
  3. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Some interesting stuff there.

Thelwall and the last one stand out!
  4. Sam

Sam

A very good mixture,the Falkirk Wheel,Thelwall,and the last one for me,the viaduct was a pain when all the pillar cappings were being replaced.
  5. Good varied set and the last is the choice for me.
  6. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Some good cooking on show there and plenty of variety of style and subject matter too. Keep them coming this year!
  7. A nice mixed bag :)
  8. Varied set there again many difering scenes, last one being my pick of these, look forward to more this year as well.
  9. Some nice interesting shots there
    Levitating man is great, especially with the young chap
    Thelwall is good n all
  10. Cracking set, great variety. :thumbup:
  11. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Nephew Archie is my choice lovely moment caught and suits the mono.
  12. A well chosen mix
    I particularly like the I heart shot and the niece one