1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Its me.

Discussion in 'General chit-chat' started by Stansgang, Jan 13, 2024.

1. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Hi again,has you are aware i have been off the forum for some time now,i have nothing against this forum and have always said its the best i have been a member of,my reason for being absent was simply the process of posting on here,re sizing ,posting on Flickr to be able to post on here.I do not have a Pro account for flickr and am limited to the amount i can upload there,i have no desire to use Flickr for any other reason.I will be honest and say its so much easier to post direct to forums on Facebook without resizing etc.Anyway i am back has i miss being on here.I have also gone full frame something i should have done a long time ago but costing was the problem, i have traded in gear and now have a Sony A7 3 with a great Tamrom 28mm-75mm 2.8 lens i am so pleased with this set up i cant see me getting anymore lens for it,one camera i have kept is my Lumix G9 and a great 100mm-400mm lens for sport and bird togging type shots,unfortunatly its noise handling doesnt even come close to the Sony.So there you have it i will do my best has before to comment on members posts prior to posting my shots on here but i shall be more selective towards shots i particularly like,i cant be more honest than that.
  2. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Welcome back.
  3. Hi Stan

I only use Flickr for posting on here - when 1 freebie account gets full I simply create a new one with a new gmail address! Job done!
  4. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

I have already been down that road mate.;)
  5. This is me too, wow!!! What a coincidence.

Welcome back, old timer.
  6. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Happy New Year young man! :w00t:
  7. How doo.
    I only use Flickr for posting too.
    I'm still on my 1st thousand, got about 250 left, they should last long enough. :whistle:
  8. Hello.
    Are you that dodgy looking character who was lurking around Liverpool on Friday?
  9. Welcome back young man and look forward to you posting again. I have a pro account and just suffer the cost.
  10. Welcome back , but im not here as much these days , but nowt to do with the forum why, its always been a great forum, not sure why people go through hoops to avoid the £1 a week charge for flickr pro , I just pay for 2 years and forget about it for 2 years . Flickr is still the best place to host and store pictures outside your own hard drives .