1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone still shooting film?

Discussion in 'I shoot Film' started by Fuzzy Penguin, Nov 17, 2017.

1. No posts in this little section for quite a while now. Anyone still shooting with film of any description? :)
  2. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Me and Oy mate,but we don't post in here,we post in the Threads relevant to what they are ie, landscapes etc.Well I think that's right,Oy will confirm I posted some stuff not long back.
  3. Yeah I have seen a few in there. I just wanted to ask who was still using it regularly, if anyone. Do you use it along side your digital stuff, instead of? When would you choose one over the other?
  4. Stansgang

No Gary I make a decision on the day I go out togging weather I am going to shoot film or not,i like shooting film and don't want to be distracted from doing it which happens if I take digital as well.Film is a different ball game you cant rush the shots the way you can with digital.
  5. Who's Gary? :think::rofl:

Yeah I totally hear you about having both. That's how I started years ago, taking both and it was just hard work!!
  6. Stansgang

Sorry Gareth.
  7. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

I have a film with just two shots left before I get it processed and posted.

Can I tempt you to comment when the shots are up? Or if you ever take any, I'd be pleased to see them... :)
  8. I do find commenting tough and don't really do it anywhere now. Nor do I really share many photos any more. I drop the odd one onto Flickr and into a film thread on another forum. I share on Instagram fairly regularly however not as often as I could or should. I have LOADS of unpublished photos now. Photos from shoot, travel photos from various destinations. Just can't bring myself to share then anywhere.

I find commenting on photos here difficult too as being unsure what certain people are looking for (I feel I have posted similar comments to this before). Not knowing whether people are looking for actual comments on how to improve certain things or just using this as a place to share their hobby. Both of which are fine of course, but I do find it hard to heap praise on photos that have very little interest to me, but may be close to the posters heart. I also don't feel like I am explaining myself very well here, my brain isn't working very well today. Ha. I do think this is a very good community, small and mostly local and this is where I first began photography as quite a few of you know and some of you guys are to thank for teaching me the basics (and not so basics) when I first got a camera. I'd love to contribute more but sometimes feel unsure what to say, or that sometimes the lab coats and technical details lead the critique and for me, photography is about so much more than that.
  9. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Agree with all of the above, especially so that last line.

And that's exactly why I offer a comment on most images.

Not sure about the existence of other forums though. Blasphemy!
  10. I thought I had zero interest in it, but funnily enough my Dad bought me a film camera he saw in a junk shop (Pentax SF) because he knew I was a pentax kind of guy and might like the lens. But he also put a roll of film in. Well I gave it a go and I'm rather hooked now, was really excited when I got them developed. I've gone out and bought another old pentax now a Pentax k-1000 from 1976. What I like about it is that it gets you away from the scatter gun approach I can sometimes be guilty of taking. I often I feel I spent far too much time on light room and less with the actual camera and it kind of redresses that.
  11. Still got my Canon SLR with a B and W film all loaded and ready to go.......eventually!