1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Great Gee Gee.

Discussion in 'Architecture' started by Hollander, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Red Rum statue,
    Wayfarer Arcade, Southport.
    [​IMG]Spt1 by Hollander, on Flickr
  2. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Hmm. That's a tricky one to take it: the lights and shades are very dramatic. Maybe a fraction more separation between subject and background would make it easier on the eye. I oike the choice of the admiring watcher passing by though.

I'll defer to my smart colleagues below...
  3. Good shot this a the forced perspective makes this seem a lot bigger than it is. Good stuff.
  4. Bugger, it's one of those Marmite moments. I like the concept of the shot, but not sure about the close proximity ...... mmm
  5. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Its different so gets my thumbs up.
  6. I agree.
  7. a fun shot for sure. agree about the passerby adding interest.
  8. I really do like the lines and shadows on statue which really look great but for me there is not enough background separation so subject and background are blending together, there is a more distance length wise to the mall behind the statue before you hit an object which I think is the stairs ... so maybe if you ever get the chance to go back then trying to capture that in the background could possibly result in lifting it away from the background and making it pop?
  9. Wondered if the original colour version added more depth and separation to the pic . . .
    [​IMG]Spt4 by Hollander, on Flickr
  10. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

I am a fan of mono but I prefer the colour version.
  11. I think the colour helps :)
  12. The colour does help it massively, the green parasol does not blend in as much now as it did the the mono version :)