1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yes - AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Architecture' started by Oy, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

2. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

I know the trouble you had getting this shot,well done.
  3. Staying super dry under there. Nice framing.
  4. Perfect that one :)
  5. It's a good spot and worth a go at every time you pass it.
    Really like this one.
  6. Always worth a shot, that's a cracker
  7. Sam

Sam

It could be a digi pic.:sofa:
  8. These arches always provide a good opportunity to play with the shadows and light through them.

It's well done for sure.

Which to me actually means that the quality of a film photo is just as good as digital, so when people use the phrase "good, for film" and other meaningless waffle, it's just that. :)
  9. Sam

Sam

If a film photo can be has good as a digital one,why use film.?
  10. Ah, that old chestnut.

My reasons are well documented on here and they are many. Let me first start by saying, I am NOT anti-digital. Photography is photography and a lot of photographers I admire shoot digitally.

For me, I prefer to use film for lots of reasons. There's something about the process of shooting film. The old cameras, the manual, tactile feel. I like to choose my film stock for the situation and subject I am shooting. I like loading the cameras and the feel of shooting them. Metering with a hand held meter.

Then there are the results. The dynamic range of film. The fall off of medium format. The colours (which many people are paying money for presets to try and replicate in LR or PS). The grain. Grain is different to digital noise. It is real and imperfect and not uniform. Film is three dimensional. It has a certain feel that I don't get when I shoot at and then view my digital images. I even have a camera that is fully automated, like a modern DSLR that takes 35mm film. I would choose that over digital.

It slows down the way I shoot. That's a phrase that gets thrown around a lot but the reason for that is, it's true. I honestly cannot see me going back to digital image capture any time soon. I shoot 35mm, medium format, Polaroid and soon to be something larger.

I truly believe that discovering film photography saved my photography and re-ignited the passion for it.
  11. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

I was just typing out a reply when @Fuzzy Penguin posted that ^^^^ - which says it better, and more.

I'll just say this. I shoot how I like with what I like. I don't really feel any need to justify it. If you like what I do. Great. If you don't - that's fine too. If you don't "get film" than that's ok too - I'm not asking you to.
  12. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Ah. My cue.

Good shot.

There you go! :p

More? Okay then: Good shot, format irrelevant this time. And fun had taking it too. 'Nuff said.
  13. There is a lovely texture to that shot. very nice but you can only look at the same (or very similar) picture so many times before the viewer loses interest. Luckily this is a very good example of what can be done with a good scene so top marks for execution and result.