1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xqd carts and Cf express .

Discussion in 'General chit-chat' started by jon_t, Aug 22, 2021.

1. I've just acquired a Nikon D500 and it has a Xqd/Cf express card slot as well as a normal sd ,does anyone use either of these cards ? As I can't see the advantage over using my normal SanDisk extreme pro 170 mbps cards as I'm not bothered about 4k video so when I get 10fps with the sd cards with no buffer shooting raw until I get to about 200 continuous shots why would anyone pay 10x the cost for one of these other cards?ps oy can you change the title to cards rather than carts. Lol
  2. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

I said something similar about SD cards over 512MB back in the day. Things move on I suppose. This format is capable of 'more and faster' now but will have new features added as time goes on.

When you say 200 continuous shots - I assume you mean JPEG not raw files though?

Enjoy the D500. :)
  3. No the D500 will do 200 continuous 14 bit raw files at 10 fps before the buffer slows it down to 8fps.
  4. I have XQD in my D850, its quicker than the SD card so I have that as an overflow write to the XQD first.