1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wrong equipment right place

Discussion in 'Flora & fauna' started by Rattyman76, Sep 19, 2014.

1. After a long day in the hills we dropped down to Ullswater. Walking though the tree line on the lake shore edge we came across a wild otter. The first I have ever seen in its natural habitat. I was armed with a camera and a 24 to 70mm lens and the light was crap. I got some shots not brilliant but I will always have the memory it was so exciting. No critique please as I know its crap I just wanted to share.

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014
  2. Beltin ,I've never been lucky enough to see one in the wild .
  3. Think it's spotted you too.
  4. I am a member at woolston eyes and one was recently seen there. I have seen them close up at Leighton moss it's great we are seeing more of these.
  5. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

A treat to see. Thanks for sharing the moment with us.
  6. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

I'd rather see this than a close up that could have been taken in a zoo :)

I'd also like to see it at 1400px wide - but can;t find it on your FlickR to get the code to do it for you. Be a good chap and sort it ta.
  7. Sam

Sam

A rare thing to see,any pic of a wild one is much rarer,I saw one 30 odd years ago in the Ribble,that was a one off.
  8. what a great find kinda like the pic as it is
  9. I have tried to edit the picture to your requirements but to no avail
  10. Oy

With Flickr you can only get 1400px if you upload at that size and then post "Original". This has the benefit of leaving your exif intact too!

If you upload big then you'll only have the choice of 1024px for here. And with no exif data.

It's your choice - upload at the size you want to post (can;t see any reason to upload bigger than that other than giving the image thieves a high res image) - or settle for a 1024px image that some automatic Flickr script has edited for you.
  11. Oy

If you give me a link to the FlickR page for the image - or just the 1024px wide code - I can edit the original post for you this time.
  12. wow stunning
  13. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Great find.
  14. Oy

Size sorted :)
  15. Great capture. Getting more common yet I've still never had a camera when I've seen them!
  16. Joe

Joe

Good catch. It's always amazing to come across wild animals like this!
  17. You lucky lucky Rattyman :)
    :thumbup:
  18. Great spot. It's a real treat to see one wild, only ever seen one myself