1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows PC repair.

Discussion in 'General chit-chat' started by Sam, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Sam

Sam

I get this as a popup every time I go into photobucket,I won't click it because I don't know if it's genuine,does anyone else get it on,it reads "Windows PC repair,we highly recommend it to remove all errors causing your PC to run slow"
    There are two boxes with Yes or No, to tick.
  2. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Do you have pop-ups blocked in your browser? what browser are you using?
  3. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

It's not genuine. As Oy says - it's a pop up (an advert) - wanting you to click it. If you can't find the pop up blocker in your web browser, I would leave it there until you are done and then switch off the machine to clear them.
  4. I Gave up with photobucket after the adverts started,but never say yes to any of the windows pc repair pop ups guaranteed it will download more crap into your computer. I have had Norton 360 for years and it stops all these type of issues ,for about £40 a year,why people use all the free AV ,im not sure ,but I know most of the freeware put more crap in your computer than they take out for sure.
  5. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

£40 a year? I spend about of quarter of that annually on Photobucket Pro and it's ad free. I've used ZoneAlarm and AVG on my Windoze systems for 15 years and never had a virus, bug or popup.
  6. I too have always used AVG. Yes there were some issues with little bugs a few years ago but they have certainly got their act together after that and I have had no issues since. I used to run zonealarm but had trouble with it after many years of problem free use so I just stopped. My understanding is that they resolved the problems but I never went back to it. I also run a mozilla program (STOPZILLA) which finds things that AVG sometimes misses. I have had no problems with interference from either program. I have always paid for that but they haven't debited my account this year and it still works! I gave up with Norton some time ago as it started slowing everything down very badly. I haven't bothered with it since and it was one software program I always recommended up to that point..
    If you want to clear out dead files etc use Ccleaner. It's free and works.
    The rule is. If you didn't ask for it don't click on it!
  7. Sam

Sam

I am using Chrome,I don't know if pop ups are blocked!,I had AVG on my old setup,my lad put Avast on this new set.
  8. its a proven fact that free anti virus software is better protection than some of the paid for stuff and I have never used anything else. Failing that quite a few banks and internet providers now offer premium anti virus software free.
    if your prepared to pay £40 a year for something that you can get for free you need your bumps feeling.
  9. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Maurice I also get it,you are using the free version,like the Java upload you did these need ignoring then you won,t get problems.Only update from windows genuine site.
  10. When you check online for the top 15 Av programmes all the top 15 are paid for ,and not one free one appears in the top 20.?