1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TurkeyBuster 2019

Discussion in 'Forum events & meets' started by Oy, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Hello there ShutterNutters.

It's that time of year again.

On December 27th we will have our traditional day out between Christmas and New Year - to blow off the cobwebs and get some post-turkey fresh air.

My proposal this year is a trip up to the Lake District. A few have mentioned wanting to get up there recently so here's you chance.

We could meet up at 10am at the cafe next to the petrol station on the A591 at Ings.

https://www.google.com/maps/@54.380...4!1swDZ9UfFUTX4ENbba2-gzSA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

After a hearty breakfast we can take in a few of the easy access spots recently featured such as Ashness Bridge, Surprise View, Watendlath Tarn (All on the same road) and/or Little Langdale, Blea Tarn and St John's In The Vale. Finishing with a stop on the way to the M6 at Penrith to take in Sunset at Castlerigg Stone Circle.

So watcha think?

Doable? Interested? Too far? Can't be arsed? Talk to me :D
  2. Yip I'm in, will drive too.
  3. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

I'm in. Our kid too. Maybe more as there are shops for them three miles on. :p

The joys of this forum is sharing and learning about new and less-visited places with people who have experience and ideas about places to see.
  4. I’m in, I’m off this year for a change!
  5. Is there room for me with you Peter?
  6. If there is an option of a seat and a split of fuel, I’d be a very good passenger, I wouldn’t trump once!
  7. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Every body else will.:rofl:
  8. One year I am going to make this. For now I have no more time off till next April.
  9. @Judge certainly is @stanokella just tell me where and when and I'll be there a few minutes after I'm supposed to be.
    Room for a little'un.
  10. Thanks Peter. Just let me know the time.Can I assume that you can pick me up here? You know where I live by now.....otherwise I'll meet up with you at a designated place where I can safely leave my own car.........and anyone who trumps can get out and walk!!!!!
  11. Yip no probs door to door service.
  12. Oy

Roll call so far...

Oy and Oyling
    TA-THANX, Judge and Stanokella
    Dvorak and tribe

Any more?
  13. @TA-THANX sorry didn’t realise you had replied. I’m in St Helens for my sins, just off the Lancs near Car Mill, can get somewhere nearer Wigan if it’s easier.
  14. @stanokella no probs not sure which way I'll do the pick ups but I'll give you a time the night before. More than likely pick @Judge first then pick you up and jump on M6 from the Lancs.
  15. Too far for me obviously, but having been back there on the return from Skye earlier this year, I couldn't face the crowds at Castlerigg again :D
  16. Sounds great guys
    Enjoy the trip
  17. Brill!
  18. Just let me know the time and I'll expect you an hour later............
  19. I'll try my bestest not to be late, I can do it sometimes, not often and I don't want to start now.
  20. Oy

Forecast for tomorrow is cloudy but dry - which may give us some good moody shots :)

I’m aiming to be at the cafe for 9:30 to partake in piggy parts before we head off to places pretty :)

We won’t have the light for long so I propose we do the Ashness road and it’s three usual photo ops, then see how things are from there.

Open to ideas and suggestions :)