1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tokyo by night

Discussion in 'Architecture' started by Drei Löwen, May 19, 2020.

1. Never really got around to processing this one as the noise was too great. I gave the topaz Denoise a go and it helped to get a picture. Taken from the roof of a hotel in Tokyo. No tripods were allowed and you could only take pictures from fixed locations. This was one of the best that I got at the time.

[​IMG]Tokyo at nightSN by Mike Heneghan, on Flickr
    Last edited: May 19, 2020
  2. Looks like the denoise filter did a decent job.
    Last edited: May 19, 2020
  3. looks like a post card from Tokyo
  4. I am quite impressed with Topaz Denoise. This was taken at 1250 iso. The Denoise is good but I probably overcooked a little :). The Tokyo tower dominates not only in stature but also with the light it kicks out.
  5. Sam

Sam

The place is full up, its a very good pic of the city.
  6. Brings back some good memories :) Nice shot and good to see Tokyo Tower looking proud. Tokyo is truly a city of many, many lights.
  7. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Fine shot and very dramatic and clear. Like it!

All those new buildings though - I know there's history and older structures, designs and shapes around there somewhere but (thinking snobbishly as someone looking for quirky images) all that modern expanse is just too much.
  8. I was there for a week so took hundreds of pics including the old fashioned ones (and also Sony building). One morning I got up at 4 to go to Emperors palace. Not sure but I think I may have posted them some time ago. Would need to look in the folder.
  9. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Cheers Drei.

It's a fine shot though, I do like it.
  10. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Yep that's a belter :)
  11. What a shot ! Love it :)
  12. A superb pic.
  13. That's an incredible view! :)
  14. What a photo. Very impressive
  15. Wow that is what you call a city. Fab shot.
  16. Wonderful shot & great composition.