1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Early bird catches the worm

Discussion in 'Flora & fauna' started by jon_t, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Here a Little Owl with a worm it had just caught, it only alighted for a few seconds before it moved on to feed the young ones .Taken at first light early morning.

The Early bird catches the worm

[​IMG]Little Owl by John Tymon, on Flickr

:)
  2. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

It's a belter that! I'm sure I've seen shots of them on those links before somewhere. Is it a well known spot for those in the know?
  3. No its a private farm near Bolton , I only get the chance to go occasionally when the main photographer ,who's a friend can sneak me on as the farmer only allows him to go on his land . Tis the same farm as last time I did them a couple of years ago :) If anyone want a certain shot of Little Owl I can give you a location that is guaranteed at the moment as someone is feeding them with worms and such :) if you go around 7 for 2 hours you will get good shots ,but it about 20 miles from Wigan at Lunt . :)
  4. totally amazing
  5. Lovely work.
  6. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Yes: that's the one! Very nice moment.
  7. lol poor worm
    very nice shot John
  8. Great shot and the light is magnificent. It looks as though the owl has taken a piece off the chain!
  9. Very nice mate