1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spinners

Discussion in 'Architecture' started by Dvorak, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

This is Leigh Spinners, a grade 2 star listed cotton mill. It's just over a century old and is one of the best examples of its kind to survive: parts of the site are still in use.

Today being national heritage day, we went for a mooch and met some of the folk who've removed the pigeon poo from the cross compound steam engine deep inside it and are restoring the site. I find that I know some of these dedicated people!

1 Hard to fit it all in with the X2Pro, but it's a big mill!

[​IMG]

2 The Chap. The steps at the back give an idea of scale:

[​IMG]

3:

[​IMG]

4:

[​IMG]

5 The Lady, next door:

[​IMG]

6 ET was here:

[​IMG]

7 Loved the light (and mangled it a bit better!)

[​IMG]

8 And again:

[​IMG]

9 Back outside:

[​IMG]

10:

[​IMG]
  2. Good ones ,reminds me of our old factory ,those times will never come back ,great engineering from a point in time .nice :)
  3. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Nice to see :thumbup:
  4. No.7 is my pick and I wished that I could use my editor like that. Fantastic looking building and photos.
  5. Dvorak

Thank you sir. :) Feedback appreciated.

And as for how to use your editor - that's what this forum is all about: sharing ideas and swapping tips. Ideally, over a quiet drinkie or similar sometime with a few of us.
  6. I shall use the forum as much as possible. As for a quiet drink, it's a bit too far for a bevvie as I live in Kent :D
  7. Dvorak

You underestimate the thirst of us round here sir!

I had some rather nice ales on a togging trip round Canterbury, Dartford and Chatham last summer.

Meet you in this pub whenever you choose (actually, give me a bit of notice)!

[​IMG]
  8. Sounds like a good plan :)
  9. nice set, love the bike. Am up for the Weavers too if gals allowed !
  10. That's a good interesting set there DV
  11. Wow what a cool place
    Some nice detail on show
  12. These places are great if not a bit tricky to tog, nice set.
  13. Some lovely shots there, I work with pipes (someone's got to!) so I really like number 8. The money shot is 3 with the stairs in the background.
  14. Nice to see these shots from the inside of one of the last of these old mills. There can´t be that many left now that haven´t been converted or flattened.
  15. Nice set.

ET was indeed there, with diarrhoea it looks like.
  16. We are literally the first property over the border in East Sussex :)
  17. Great set as ever. It looks like a fascinating place :)