1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reason for not posting.

Discussion in 'General chit-chat' started by Sam, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Sam

Sam

I have been getting out of breath, and it has got worse and after some tests I have been told I need an operation
    on my heart, I have one more test to have and I don't fancy it, an Angiogram at Wigan to decide about the operation, which has to be done in Manchester, I thought that I had finished with big operations, after having three in the last 12 years.
  2. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Sorry to hear this mate, take care of yourself best you can. With a bit of luck when we can visit folk again I shall have to pop round.Miss my visits when out on my bike. ;)
  3. Sorry to hear you are not doing so well. Hopefully the proposed treatment will improve things for you.
  4. Sorry to hear that, but if it's going to make you feel better, then it has to be a good thing. Think about all the things you will be able to do again :)
  5. So sorry to hear that, hopefully you be sorted soon as possible. Take care of yourself, and keep us updated as to you progress.
  6. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Bad news mate hope things go well!
  7. Hope you are soon back in good fettle, Sam. :thumbup:
  8. Good luck.
  9. Get well soon!
  10. Very sorry to hear you are not doing so well. I hope things go really well so you can be out and about togging again. Stay strong.
  11. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

All the very best young sir. We're thinking of you and happy to help if we can.

Take care.
  12. Sorry to hear this and hope for a speedy recovery.
  13. Sam

Sam

Thanks for the good wishes, luckily I am ok if I take my time and I have no idea when
    the next test is, I would advice any men aged 65 or over to have an AAA scan though, it only takes 10 minutes
    and may save you having a big operation or even worse, it only affects around 5% of men, I was in that 5%!!
  14. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Well said Sam. The scan is something you can and should ask for and have acted upon.

All the best for the next one and the big trip to Manchester when it comes.
  15. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

I was contacted by my GP on turning 65 and had a scan and fortunately for me I was okay.
  16. Sam

Sam

Very good news Dave, I must have had my aneurysm a long time, you may not get a warning it can just burst, I got a little backache
    at bedtime and in the morning it went really bad, so bad I sent for an ambulance and they didn't want to come for just a bad back
    anyway I got to the infirmary about 1pm and was just left after having more painkillers, around 10pm I was told it was probably
    a gall stone and they got me an Xray just before it closed, after the result, the place went mad, they found out it was an aneurysm
    and I was operated on about 1am on Saturday morning, but for that Xray I would have died during the night,it was leaking when
    they opened me up, that is why it's important to have the test.
  17. Take it easy and hope things go well.
  18. Sam

Sam

Thanks Shirley, I will be fine.
  19. Sad to hear that Sam, hope you get well soon.
  20. Sam

Sam

Thanks, I can still go out and avoid inclines, I can't see much happening anyway.