1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick burst

Discussion in 'Architecture' started by Dvorak, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Continuing the trend: a couple more for you from tonight, at the wooden sculptures on the site of the old colliery.

1:

[​IMG]

2:

[​IMG]
  2. Nice sunbursts and clouds in the first shot. It goes dark quick now. :(
  3. Sam

Sam

The first one works best for me, I left Astley Green in 1962,and have never seen the pit since.
  4. Two good pics. Love the light and long shadows in number 1.
  5. I like these. Number one edges it
  6. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Nice pix - nice flare.
  7. Great. The first one does it for me
  8. The shadows and flare work well in No1 - fab shot.
  9. No.1 for me. Really well togged.
  10. I'm struggling to understand the sculptures, but nevertheless two enjoyable shots - another shout for number 1
  11. Really nice - wondering if the timber was part of the colliery
  12. #1 for me too, nicely lined up
  13. Dvorak

Thank you all.

The council's site helpfully mentions the guy who seems to do a lot of the same sort of thing, including in Grizedale:

Richard Caink's fascinating sculptures provide a welcome place to rest and remember the woodland's past as a coalmine.

Not sure quite how, having walked past them again this evening.

But Mr Caink is quoted here as saying:

"My work explores our relationship with the natural world. The result, whether abstract or representational, celebrates the creative possibilities of the wood, which as a material is so fundamental to civilisation by extension or metaphor."

Dv here has degrees in poetry, literature and now has a senior role in public relations, so I've a strong view on the meaning of that sentence.

I'd have preferred some benches.
  14. Interesting, I'd have preferred a bench too !!!
  15. Nice timing and compositions. No1 for me.
    I find the strong prismatic flare on the lower right in #2 a little distracting.
  16. Dvorak

Thanks - that flare was exactly what I was after :) else for me it's just a shot of a wooden rectangle.
  17. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

This post could be a bench mark in literature.:rofl:
  18. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

No2 for me, i have cycled passed many times and dont find them that interesting.
  19. Love me a bit of lens flare.
  20. That's a fascinating place :)