1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pink pictures

Discussion in 'Photography basics' started by Judge, Dec 14, 2016.

1. A lad I know has just bought a Canon 760 and his RAW files all have a pink cast on them. Canon have told him it's his computer which is not compatible which as far as I am concerned is a crock of.........

Anyone any ideas? His JPEGS are unaffected apparently.
  2. It depends which programme he is using to look at them ,in picassa under exposed raws look pink until you transfer them to photoshop then they turn to the correct colour. I would ask what hes looking at them with if its a free programme like picassa ,they don't do raw very well. try using the canon raw programme that comes with the camera. Nikon under exposed raws can also seem pink until put into camera raw in photoshop.
  3. He's using the Canon software that comes with the camera.
  4. Has he got any import setting ticked. For auto tone or edit? So it's processing the raw on import?

Does the tone go on any raw processing? Have you tried one of his raws on your comp?
  5. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

My old Mac was not compatible with the raw files generated by the D7000 and X100. So I have been using the free Adobe DNG converter. Easy fix.

Would recommend that as a work around...or he should try a different computer, even a different card reader, just to eliminate possible causes.

And, if he can't afford Photoshop, try the freeware versions which are pretty good these days and a good gateway/whistle whetter into serious software. There are some giveaways on the camera magazine covers this month.
  6. I've already told him to try the DNG converter and to check his settings. he's tried different cards and he is running a PC. I've also asked him if he wants to give me his camera and i will check it out with my PC.

Strange thing to happen!