Photographing my new car.

Discussion in 'General chit-chat' started by modelflyer, Feb 10, 2018.

1. I bought myself a new car, well its a 2015 reg to be precise and i want to take to shots of it.

So i have the following in mind.

Find a lay-by or similar in the countryside with a nice back drop and set up some long exposure shots so passing cars etc will be blurred and light trails seen.

I just want to try something different and wondered what your thoughts are on this please.
  2. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Sounds good. Always good to celebrate a new motor. Enjoy and full marks for thinking inventively.

You can create all sorts of moods and feelings depending on what you want to show off. You've already suggested you want a rural feel rather than an urban one. Each has its merits. For me when I get a new car, I go out for its maiden drive and tog it somewhere special to me.
  3. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Some nice spots around Rivington. The road over to Belmont is good.
  4. I was thinking of somewhere in that area so will have a ride up sometime.
  5. Why not go long exposure and light the car with a torch moving round as the shutter is open, create a different look to it?
  6. Oy

What sort of car is it?
  7. Toyota GT86.
  8. Oy

Ooooh nice!
  9. That would look good parked up on the sea front at Southport shooting out towards the sea. If you get the right light it looks like you are taking the shot at San Francisco if you get the sand on the pavement and road. (Honest!)
  10. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

How's the new job going with the Southport tourist board sir...? :p
  11. That is not something I ever though would be put together in a single sentence!! Having been to both places I am struggling with this comparison :)
  12. Worsley Mesnes would be interesting ;)
  13. I'm not looking forward to changing the spark plugs when the time comes as they are a 3 hour job and i believe Toyota dealers charge just under £500 to do them so its a good job i'm on spanners for a living.
  14. I have taken some shots of it while I am in the Lake District this weekend, some on the Honister Pass and some on the Kirkstone Pass. I will edit them when I get home.