1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POTW Photo of the Week: 14th December 2014

Discussion in 'Competitions & challenges' started by Dvorak, Dec 14, 2014.

?

My PotW choices this week are...

Poll closed Dec 18, 2014.
  1. 1. Is Nothing Private? by Blade

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. 2. Wells Fargo (close) by DaveinFl

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. 3. Wells Fargo (wide) by DaveinFl

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. 4. Hint of Structures Long Gone by Dvorak

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. 5. Snow Covered Mountains by jon_t

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  6. 6. Stonechat by jon_t

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  7. 7. Izzy by Oy

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  8. 8. Racing Santa by Oy

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  9. 9. Around Edinburgh by Peggy-Waters

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  10. 10. Basking Tit by Rattyman76

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. 11. Impersonating Koala by Rattyman76

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  12. 12. The Chair by Stansgang

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  13. 13. The Pipers Cometh by TA-THANX

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  14. 14. Chai and Christmas Lights by Zooey

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  15. 15. Kittens by Zooey

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Here we go with the best of the last seven days or so.

Many thanks to the folk who've taken time to send in a nom or two. It's like Santa's come early.

If you're name's not here, do go for it next week. Cheers to Peter, Davep90, Rattyman76, TA-THANX, Oy, Togwood, Jeffnh, pete37038, Judge, Zooey and Spenian.

1. Is Nothing Private? by Blade

[​IMG]

2. Wells Fargo (close) by DaveinFl

[​IMG]

3. Wells Fargo (wide) by DaveinFl

[​IMG]

4. Hint of Structures Long Gone by Dvorak

[​IMG]

5. Snow Covered Mountains by jon_t

[​IMG]

6. Stonechat by jon_t

[​IMG]

7. Izzy by Oy

[​IMG]

8. Racing Santa by Oy

[​IMG]

9. Around Edinburgh by Peggy-Waters

[​IMG]

10. Basking Tit by Rattyman76

[​IMG]

11. Impersonating Koala by Rattyman76

[​IMG]

12. The Chair by Stansgang

[​IMG]

13. The Pipers Cometh by TA-THANX

[​IMG]

14. Chai and Christmas Lights by Zooey

[​IMG]

15. Kittens by Zooey

[​IMG]

Pick the best of those!
  2. Voted thanks for the noms
  3. Voted
    Just noticed after voting that the poll which shows the results so far is only showing my vote where as normally it shows a running total? has it been changed?
    cheers John
  4. Done my duty. A lot more nominations this week so lets see how the millions of votes are counted....
  5. Dvorak

Maybe you were the first to vote...? There are a few more showing now.

I used to get up really early on a Sunday morning to set up the poll, but until this current week we've not had enough interest to do it so early. I hope people still find it valuable (I do find it odd some week people nominate shots that they haven't commented on).
  6. I don't think it's odd. I struggle to find the time to come in here. I look from work, but a lot of the images don't show up. Sometimes when I do get to a stunning image, pretty much everything that can be said, has already been said. Sometimes I'm too exhausted to string a sentence together. I still love the images though :)
  7. Great pics
  8. Clear winner there for me and its one of the ones with the least votes :rofl:
  9. Nice ones there, voted
  10. voted.
    Well done all, some lovely images this week
  11. Thanks for nom,voted
  12. Removed from competition has it had no votes not even one vote from the nominee!
    How embarrassing is that?.
  13. Shame that ,but sometimes you nominate a shot then further in the week something else catches the eye ,its happened to us all , ive had a few over the years with no votes, but at least they were nominated, as was yours no embarrassment at all many more did not even get noms :)
  14. Sam

Sam

There is often one which does'nt get a single vote,I've had it happen a few times,it's something to even get a Nom,and I have nominated several times,and not voted for it,thing is if I see one which I like much more than any other,then I use only one vote,after all there is no 2nd or 3rd.:)
  15. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

That's a bit odd that.

Maybe whoever nominated it hasn't voted yet?

Maybe they nominated 4 and with 3 votes yours didn't make the cut?

I've had loads of noms that have received no or very few votes.

Ah well - it's supposed to be a bit of fun not the Pulitzer Prize. :shrug:
  16. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

A rash decision seeing as voting hadn,t closed,and not really fair on the nominee,i am pleased every time i have a shot nominated if i don,t get a vote so be it.
  17. I personally wouldn't remove a picture whether it had or not got any votes on it. You never know! Anyway it is a bit of fun but the owner of the shot has to make that decision.
    I have nominated shots and on rare occasions have not voted for them in the final showdown but that is very rare because I nominate such good shots! :p Usually I do vote for my nominations BUT it might not be every nomination of mine that gets the vote because I respect other peoples opinions about other shots and may see them in a slightly different light when the chips are down. Equally they may have seen a shot that I have missed. Not really important though is it?
  18. You are right at the end of the day it doesn't really matter. I made my decision to withdraw several pictures. I feel better for doing so, my actions do not concern anyone else and at the end of the day it doesn't really matter. I want to draw a line under this episode and start again.
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  19. Dvorak

Congratulations to our winner and apologies if you didn't get chance to vote for the shot you wanted to.

Please do keep nominating - that's a big reward to an unsuspecting Nutter and a treat for us all to see a shot again.
  20. Thanks for the vote
    merry xmas
    John