1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photo hosting sites

Discussion in 'General chit-chat' started by Blandy, Aug 21, 2021.

1. Hi everyone, I’ve not been on ShutterNutters for ages and used a camera very infrequently in that time, but I’ve refound my enthusiasm and bought a new camera! I wonder what photo hosting site I should use and would appreciate suggestions. I have a basic Flickr account from the past and I’m aware that they now limit it to 1000 images. Should I upgrade that to pro…it’s not expensive, or are there better alternatives?
  2. I upgraded to pro as I don't go through the process of sizing down my photos. What comes out of Lr are full size.
  3. I use the basic free Flickr which is more than sufficient for my needs.
    They change the limit to 1000 irrespective of size so you are limited to number not Mg or Gb limits
  4. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Hi Paul and welcome back! Hope the new camera is a Nikon or Fuji :D

I nuse FlickR Pro and Smugmug.

5. Nikon!!!!!! We’ll I have a Fuji but I haven’t gone to the dark side, it’s Canon for me Dave. Thanks for the replies. I think I’ll just upgrade to Flickr pro! Then I’ll take some pictures!
  6. flickr Pro although its gone up from £44 for 2 years the last time i paid to £57 for one year but ive got 4000 plus pics on there so they have you by the nuts a bit as if i cancel they delete down to 100o images or they delete your account altogether. But it works for me but less and less people use it .
  7. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Aww, and we were just gearing up to welcoming you back sir. Never mind. :p

Despite the awful name, I was persuaded onto Smugmug five years ago and have never looked back: with the app on my phone and the ability to save video and images at the size I want to display them, it does the trick for me.

Some on here (@Polly perhaps?) have options I'm much less aware of, so standby for further suggestions.
  8. I've been on Imgur for months, it's free too, since not access to Flickr.