1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pheasant

Discussion in 'Flora & fauna' started by Charltonfan, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

A fine side portrait.

Excellent low angle too. Hillside or knees?
  2. Yes that low angle and OOF foreground makes me feel like I am lay in the grass stalking the budgie. Good job
  3. I was standing for the shot as the bird was on the edge of a bit of a ridge so the knees didn't have to suffer! Zoom compression and quite a big crop helped to isolate the bird from the backgound and create the illusion of a low down shot
  4. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Nice shot. You can post at 1400px wide :)
  5. Nice shot mate.
  6. Sam

Sam

A great shot of a lovely looking bird, we get the odd one really close to us.
  7. A beautifully detailed pic.
  8. Thanks guys
  9. Good one. Nice colours :)
  10. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Nice use of DOF showing the birds detail off well.
  11. Nice one. We usually get them nesting at the flying field
  12. Super shot with the low angle and the colours
  13. Nice one like the low angle, DOF and colour.
  14. Excellent as said
  15. Nice shot, as common as they are I never seem to manage a sharp shot !
  16. Nicely done, a very pheasant shot.
  17. Stunning photo, Pheasants varie so much in colours anything from blond to black, this is almost a textbook version. :)
  18. Thanks again. It was a disappointing day photography wise and then I just saw an opportunity for a shot out of the blue. It goes like that sometimes. Next target is to get a pheasant in flight which won't be easy!
  19. I like the soft light. We have a garden full of pheasants at the moment. I thought I spotted a silver one this morning :)