1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pennington Flash

Discussion in 'General chit-chat' started by Andy, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Is full of travelers and the place is like a rubbish tip. Really fu"'%ed off with these people, how do they get away with this.
  2. They will do until the landowner gets a court order. Then they will be removed within a couple of days.
  3. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Aye - when I went last weekend the car park was at least 50% caravans and associated clutter. They've been there a while now so hopefully they'll get moved on soon.
  4. OK, so can each vehicle receive a fine for not paying the £1.20 to park, then an additional find for the litter strewn everywhere.
    I go there with my dog and never leave any mess, they should fit the bill for the cleanup as well.
  5. Parking fines are civil and generally unenforceable, littering is not an offence on private land.
  6. Bet if I did not pay they would pursue me. On the plus side I did see a Grey Wagtail
  7. Sam

Sam

It's been going on for years,all over the country,nothing happens to them whatever they do or leave behind,and the landowner has to pay for a court order,and clear the rubbish or be fined,in this case,it's us,the rate payers who foot the bill,the law needs changing.
  8. Oy

I was there week before last when there were only about half as many vans on. A chap was getting a ticket off the parking officer and asked if he'd been down to check tickets on the caravans and vans. He said he wasn't allowed to approach them. Not fair - but common sense.
  9. apparently they were served with notice last Friday ,but since then more and more have arrived ,so the notice cannot stand as they don't know which ones have been on the longest as they keep moving the caravans ,more arrived last night, now someone told me the whole car park has now almost gone ,full of caravans .I pay for a year permit £50 and can't get on to use it they should give us a refund. Its what you get for taking away all the ranger service, they would never have got on it Eric staniforths day he would have blocked the bridge as soon as he saw the first come on ,the place now unfortunately is not looked after and will never be the same as it used to be .
    :(
  10. Sam

Sam

Nothing will happen to them,they will move at some point to another place already decided on,and leave behind a huge pile of ****,if someone drops a cig stump in town it's an instant fine if their seen to do it,which is ok,but why are these lot never fined.
  11. Apparently the car parks so full of caravans -over 40 at last count that they are now using the entrance car park to park all their other cars/vans etc what a shame a great local amenity that thousands enjoy can be killed of in an instant by these Travellers as we call them these days . :(
  12. They've ruined enough nice places down here too, bad enough staying somewhere uninvited but to litter and destroy trees not to mention intimidate locals it's not on is it! :soap:
  13. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

The best way to deal with them is tell them a large wagon is coming full of big rocks to block them in and they wont be able to move off,trust me it works they will be hooked up in no time when the wagon turns up.
  14. Oy

Official statement from Wigan Council today...

"We’ve had lots of messages about the travellers at Pennington Flash. We have been working with the police to resolve the situation as quickly as possible and have visited and assessed the site. The group are due to leave on Sunday and we will be checking the site first thing on Monday morning. In the meantime we're advising residents not to visit this weekend for their own safety. Thank you for all your comments, we are looking at ways to protect the site in the future and will keep you updated."
  15. That's my weekend buggered again :(
  16. Oy

Why?

Just park on Slag lane car park.
  17. Sam

Sam

A big problem must be because Travellers are a Race,and they can say that their way of life is that they travel and park where they please,interfere and they can play their Racist card.
  18. Oy

They're not a race - their Homo Sapien just like us - and should be accountable to the same laws - Grrrrrrr
  19. Don't trust leaving my car there with 100 Travellers in the area :( I have had my car damaged there before .
  20. Oy

Morrisons car park would be fine - then just nip along the brook under the bypass and sorted :)