1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On Wigan lane.

Discussion in 'Architecture' started by Stansgang, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Me and Jackie for the past 6 weeks have been home schooling two of our grandsons which means we have been some what busy but today i had to go into town to visit the dentist so walked in (4 miles) and walked back i took the fuji X 100t with me just in case and was blessed with some nice late light on the way home.
    1.Haigh Hall plantation gates.
    [​IMG]Wigan lane (1) by David Stanley, on Flickr
    2.Derelict building not far from the gates and near the Hospital, i have been in here when i was in the Police when the alarm activated, used to be lived in by and elderly Surgeon and his wife a grand period building with a large entrance hall and a great staircase. I dont know why it was left to become derelict after they died, such a shame.
    [​IMG]Wigan lane (2) by David Stanley, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Wigan lane (3) by David Stanley, on Flickr
    3.And bit further up the road is The Cherry gardens public house.
    [​IMG]Wigan lane (4) by David Stanley, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Wigan lane (5) by David Stanley, on Flickr
  2. An excellent set of familiar sights.
    Blessed be the Fuji X100 series! :)
  3. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Familiar scenes - nice set :)
  4. Yes some very nice light. Great set. What time did you go 2.30 (tooth hurty)
  5. Sam

Sam

Pity about the old house, and the Cherry Gardens is looking a bit run down.
  6. Its the second for me. Lovely light but maybe a tighter crop on the old building. The newer building and the sign don't add much to the composition
  7. I've had one or two pints in the Cherries when I worked at Potters on Leyland Mill lane.
    These look warm in that light but I bet it wasn't.
  8. Great architectural shots. The last two in particular.
  9. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

I thought about a crop but preferred to have the full tree in with the lovely light on it. Thanks for input though. ;)
  10. Interesting set.
  11. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Interesting to see and well done with the schooling.

Sad to see Brentwood decaying like that, it's been in a sorry state since I worked in property in the area. I'd heard he was a vet but whatever, it's a solemn site.
  12. Very interesting and the light is really good :) Shame about the derelict house, it would make a fine home for someone.
  13. Lovely set, I bet shot 2 would make a really nice home for someone.
  14. Nice set of architecture shots from your neck of the woods
  15. The light is stunning! :)
  16. Love the derelict building. Its very mad scientist living alone look about it. Might have to go and check that out!
  17. Good set in gorgeous light, the derelict building is a great subject.