1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ON THE HUNT

Discussion in 'Flora & fauna' started by jon_t, Oct 21, 2017.

1. A Short Eared Owl on the hunt for Voles within 20 miles of Warrington :)

Short Eared Owl

[​IMG]Short Eared Owl by John Tymon, on Flickr

:)
  2. That isn't good John

It's bloody amazing and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great shot and I wish it were mine.
  3. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Yes of course I'd want a little more space round the edges. But what's in the shot is rather splendid.

Beautiful birds - I've togged them. This is a very good shot indeed.
  4. Thanks
  5. I'm sure there are voles outside the 20 mile radius?
    Nice capture John :)
  6. Absolutely stunning! May I ask about the time of day please? There are supposed to be owls hunting at Rye Harbour, but I don't know the best time of day to try. Yours often look to have been taken in good light, with perhaps a hint of warmth - maybe early evening? :)
  7. Cracker that John, outstanding.
  8. Wow was it stuck on the end of your lens. Amazing.
  9. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

It's all been said. Goood light - good shot - more space around it would make it a great shot.
  10. Late afternoon to Dusk are the best times on a day that's calm and rain or strong winds the previous day
  11. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Is that because they would be hungry after not being able to hunt well the day before?
  12. Ooh... thank you very much! :)
  13. stunning - perfect profile
  14. Yes and they don't like wind as they hunt with their ears not their eyes :)
  15. Amazing to see such a beautiful creature
  16. Just a little lack of space around the owl but otherwise a good shot. Can't see anything else wrong with it.AND I'm sure PS could add a bit more space around it if you were so inclined.
  17. cracking shot!!!
  18. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Its all been said above,it is a lovely shot John.