1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Olympus is getting out of the camera business

Discussion in 'Cameras and lenses' started by DigitalScape, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  2. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Raed about this yesterday. The good news is that cameras will still be made under the Olympus brand - just by another top level company. Hopefully the skills and development teams will stay in place too. It's a bit like buying a Rolls Royce now - which is actually owned by BMW.
  3. I read this last night, but was too upset to post. I've used Olympus cameras since getting the Trip when I was about 15. I've had a rangefinder and two of their SLRs. The OM2n has been my trusty companion for the last 40 years. It's been up mountains, across deserts, floated down the Amazon and in Mongolia I galloped across the steppes with it strapped to my back. It had a 25th anniversary clean, when the guy told me it was already the cleanest camera he had ever encountered. I took it back up to London twice this year to do street photography, where it performed brilliantly. In all that time, it has never let me down.

I do hope Oy is right...
  4. Another Olympus fan here. Been using their cameras for some time now. Hope they can carry on in some way or another
  5. I heard on the grapevine that Nikon have bought them out :rofl::sofa: