1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NISI close up lens

Discussion in 'Cameras and lenses' started by Drei Löwen, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Having had my camera gear stolen about 18 months ago I have been trying to get my kit as best as possible back to what I had before. I like Sony so wanted to stay with them. However from a macro perspective the only option they had have for macro is the 90mm. In the past I had a tamron 180mm lens which was phenomenal, especially for jumping spiders etc. Anyway my wife bought me a NISI close up lens for Christmas. It fits on my 200mm lens and allows it to work a a pseudo macro lens. My first trial is with an Amaryllis stamen. I think it works ok what do you think?

[​IMG]Close up by Mike Heneghan, on Flickr
  2. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Yep - it's a keeper
  3. Works for me mate and what a nice gift from the missus :)
  4. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Lucky you (this time around!).
  5. Yes!!! I received a Raynox DCR 250 close up lens. I must get my macro on!
  6. Certainly getting you up close with a lot of clarity and sharpness. Tiny DOF . Might be worth playing with focus stacking.
  7. Thats the fun of macro :)
  8. Beautiful detail. Can almost count the grains of pollen.
  9. That's what I would like to try :)
  10. Didn't know you'd had your gear knicked. Don't suppose they caught the swines did they! The lens works.
  11. It was in Turkey Judge and the keystone cops were investigating. Had to laugh at one stage when the chief of police walked straight into a glass window thinking it was open. Other than that the whole story is not a good one.
  12. good detail :)
  13. I obviously have my own memories of Turkey Drei. (Tip:- Never laugh at the Chief of Police....he usually has a Glock!")