1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More camera woes.

Discussion in 'Cameras and lenses' started by modelflyer, Jun 8, 2021.

1. This time I can’t get the computer to see the camera when connected to any USB port to transfer images from my XQD cards. This D500 has given me so many problems since I bought it.
  2. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Sorry to hear that.

Did you solve the other problem? I suggested posting some test shots here so we could look at the exif data and advise.

Is this a new problem? Has it suddenly stopped seeing the cards? Has there been an windows update since? I have an old card reader which doesn't see cards over 4 gigs in size, as was the old maximum once upon a time.

If there's nothing on the cards or nothing important, reformat them in camera and try again, or try a different computer. Also try to eliminate the issues one by one - does the USB port on the PC work fine for other things? Can you check it's receiving data from something else?

Try these out. I'm sure some Windows users here can help more. I posted some cute baby bird shots yesterday if that helps lower the blood pressure...
  3. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Are you connecting the camera itself to the computer?

I havea spare XQD card reader you can lend if that helps.
  4. you need a xqd reader, most computers won't support xqd straight from the camera.Its always faster and easier to use a reader than transferring from the camera itself , I have never used the camera to transfer pics in 15 years , its better to whip the card out and use a fast transfer card reader.
  5. I gave up connecting my canons and Fuji to the computer I just take the damned cards out and plug them in directly. Had loads of issues with the 7D Mk2
  6. Can't understand why anyone would connect a camera to get the images? There's a lot more going on in there than just the images on the card. Use a card reader. Never done it any other way and never once had a problem.
  7. I am the same never used the camera , always the card reader. Takes up no room on the desk as well.
  8. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Same here card to laptop direct not from camera.
  9. Still got issues with the D500. I’m going to sell it on as spares or repairs. I have a D3300 as well so I’ll be using that.
  10. Dvorak

Do set out the issues you're having so we can help.

Did you sort out the connection issues we asked about? I also suggested posting some test shots here so we could look at the exif data and advise.

Plenty happening here to help (I hope to post some test shots before the end of the week from a new lens!).
  11. I didn’t get the connection issues sorted. I don’t understand why it worked at one time then when I got the camera out a few months later it didn’t work. I don’t have enough free time to go out with it these days so maybe lack of use and experience isn’t helping. My images taken on the camera look out of focus or the exposure seems way off, when I use the D3300 everything seems fine using the same lenses. Maybes sensor issue or something so simple and I’m just not seeing it.
  12. Oy

Maybe accept some of the help that's offered. Otherwise - I dunno :shrug:
  13. Well i have given up with the D500 and plan to sell it as spares or repairs. The D3300 is working well and will be more that enough for me and the amount of times i will use it.
  14. Dvorak

Sorry to hear that. When you say given up, what was the last thing you did? Whose advice above did you go with? Did you look into some card readers not seeing more modern bigger capacity cards? Did you use a different cable or different computer as a receiver to test it out?

Would be useful to know if the advice was tried or not to help us help others.

Plenty of nice piccies on here recently to relax and calm to.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  15. Oy

How does it work with the SD card?

How much do you want for it?
  16. @Dvorak you might want to spell check your last post…
  17. Oy

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
  18. Dvorak

Duly corrected. Offence not intended.

There's probably a Wigan Council document out there from my time rushing that channels the name of a late great BBC radio DJ from Ireland in error. :confused:
  19. Thanks to everyone who offered advice as I have tried it all, I will just put the camera on the shelf and come back to it in a few months and have a fresh go at it. So frustrating and with very little free time I get to try it out is rather annoying. The D3300 will be more than sufficient for me with my very limited knowledge so I’ll just that.