1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

London

Discussion in 'Photo opportunities' started by Eric Bong, Aug 10, 2019.

1. I may have a couple of hours to kill in London this week. Can anyone suggest somewhere to go with plenty of photo opportunities in a walkable area that I could do in two to three hours? Ta
  2. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Enjoy!

The @gasman and I have had a couple of wonderful wanders round the centre of the city this year when he was kind enough to come up and meet me after I finished some business conferences. We also had burgers on a boat! @Oy is down in London in a week. @AndyT posed some good ones recently (and we need him back!). As I was free late afternoon early evening in the winter, I also got some good use of evening light as well: we've all seen the tourist shots but a change of light or getting people in the image makes the scene worth looking at again.

I togged a heron in St James Park, got a totally empty train at rush hour in the centre, went slightly out of the way to get some different monuments and togged lots of people, which seems easier in a tourist city. Gasman and I met at Victoria, went down across the river at Vauxhall, along the embankment and back into Westminster. All obvious but still interesting if you don't point the camera at the same things as everyone else. A few years ago I went around Shoreditch (and I have neither a beard nor sandals) and got some people scenes I was pleased with.

To be honest, a cheap ride out on the underground could get you to a market at Brixton, Kew Gardens, Canary Wharf or beyond if the busy centre is too much.

Search "London" and see what we all did!
  3. @Dvorak You took me to some very interesting places and believe it or not, it was the first time that I have ever walked passed Buck House. It was nice to see Liz and Phil on the balcony giving you a wave too - nice couple :) As my learned friend said, there is so much to see in London, especially around Westminster. I would like to go back later in the year and do some evening togging in some back streets with their old fashioned street lamps / alleyways. Brick Lane and that area is good for people togging.
  4. My personal favourite is the Square Mile - The inner city where you are walking amongst all those skyscrapers.
    Lots of really interesting modern architecture, - Lloyds, Gherkin, Walkie Talkie buildings as well as old - Leadenhall Market for example.
    Also I've often come across temporary art displays in odd corners. Lots to see in a small area and mostly off the tourist route.
    Bank underground station could be a good place to start.
  5. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Close to where we're staying from Tomorrow :)
  6. Portobello Rd..........