1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keizersgracht bridge

Discussion in 'Architecture' started by Drei Löwen, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Taken where the Keizersgracht meets the Leidsegracht canal in Amsterdam. Even though I like this composition I think the one from the other side is better, however, when I was there I could not eliminate a building with scaffolding outside without hours in PS.

[​IMG]Keizersgracht bridge by Mike Heneghan, on Flickr
  2. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Top shot that! :clap:

If I was being picky I'd say just correct the perspective a touch.
  3. Suns star city!!!

Cracking shot there!!
  4. A whole galaxy of star bursts there, like it :thumbup:
  5. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

I agree with Oy re buildings,well taken shot loads of detail.
  6. I am interested to know what would you suggest as a reference. By definition none of the buildings in Amsterdam are straight. The shot was taken on a tripod with three spirit levels on the head showing level and the spirit level in camera was straight. I adjusted the image slightly out of camera based on your previous advice to someone that if it doesn't appear straight it isn't. I tried to use the lampost on the bridge as a reference, which at least helped the trees to be straight. At the end of the day I was happy with this but would be willing to look at another reference if you can suggest one.
  7. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Amazing sight! Love it.

Oy has a point - but you do too (of course).

It does feel a little uneven to me. Sometimes, even reality needs a tweak (I've adjusted perfectly level shots as they just felt a tad off balance to me, or weighted to one side a bit). Felt a bit like a central bulge to the image. The tall thin dark building on the right may benefit from a tiny adjustment. Worth a fiddle when you have a really dramatic start like this.
  8. Firstly it's a lovely lovely shot. Secondly the buildings are funny. I would use the word "quirky" and I'd leave it alone. It works for me.
  9. Top drawer shot, it's a cracker.
  10. Cracking shot that and I love the timing with light still left in the sky. I do feel the buildings on the left appear to be leaning out a tad :)
  11. Love the shot
    I'm not sure if it needs a perspective tweek or not. I guess its a personal choice. If you are using photoshop the quick way to take a look is to crop the whole image, but make sure you check the perspective tick box. You can then pull in slightly the bottom two corners and take a look.
  12. wowser shot
  13. Lovely shot you got there just at the right time. not too dark in the sky but all the lights on. Worth the effort
  14. Cracking shot, love the reflections!
  15. lovely shot
    needs no adjustment
  16. O oOO, love it
  17. takes me back to when I was there almost a year ago. lovely shot.