1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kati Kati full moon

Discussion in 'Digital artwork' started by mark222, Mar 23, 2021.

1. I took a series of shots a couple of years ago with the idea of merging them together but never got around to doing it. Not really digital art all the shots are straight shots taken on the same night in the same place just not necessarily pointing in the same direction. The progression of the moon is real its not a concoction.

[​IMG]Kati Kati moon small by mark hene, on Flickr
  2. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

That's ace - love it :)
  3. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Clever! Really good.

You've given us a simple but well lit - and well thought out - foreground to provide some context too.
  4. Actually Mr D I had intended the foreground to be a bit brighter. I did spend time manually flashing the garden shrubs to lift the lighting but then managed to dim the light in the processing. This is more like what I had intended.

[​IMG]Kati Kati moon smallbright by mark hene, on Flickr
  5. I love it too! :)
  6. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Even better, that. :clap:
  7. I love it. Your timing is perfect. Not the easiest of shots to achieve. Did you notice when you were here in NZ that the moon was the right way up:)
  8. Superb pics, beautifully done.
  9. @Delboy. You are right it takes some getting used to seeing the constellations the right way up after a lifetime of seeing them the wrong way way up.
  10. Lovely bit of work, V2 is the better one.
  11. Version 2 is cracking.
  12. The second version is really good and a clever idea too.
  13. Excellent. Agree number 2 is best