1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP printer

Discussion in 'Printing and displaying' started by TomB, Sep 21, 2015.

1. I have a HP Photosmart D7160 printer. I haven't used it much for quite a while and now when I switch it on I get the message "The ink in the following cartridges is past it's expiration date" though there is plenty of ink in the cartridges.. I can and do force it to print. But is there any risk of damaging the printer or is this a ruse to get me to buy more ink than I need to. The prints look OK to me.

Tom
  2. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Sounds like a ruse to me. If the prints are good - all is well I;d say!
  3. Sam

Sam

Almost everything as a use by date,it must be the biggest money waster ever,even cans of food have one,these will last for donkeys years,but folk throw them away,because the dates gone,if something looks ok and smells ok,it usually is ok,printer ink is the same.:)
  4. HP printers lie!

I had one that was claiming the ink in it was not genuine despite the fact it was fth in, that case with the printer!
  5. Yes I reckon I will carry on regardless. They have had enough money out of me for ink.

Tom
  6. Printer companies make their money on the ink - they sell the printers at a loss.

If you end up with the nozzles being blocked, you can buy kits to flush them. But if it is printing okay, I would be tempted just to ignore it.