1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hawks getting Big

Discussion in 'Flora & fauna' started by gfitzgerald, May 10, 2018.

1. Went down for a few minutes and got some pics. Only saw these two chicks so one may have fallen from the nest. 90+ degrees today so hot for them and tongues hanging out so to speak.

[​IMG]
  2. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Blimey! Great shot!
  3. Thanks Dave. Actually got quite a few and different head positions :):)
  4. Thanks davep :)
  5. That's a Wow!, Glenn.
  6. Thanks Werner. Thinking something happened to one of them as only two seemed to be in the nest. Maybe fell out. I will prob post a couple more with different poses after I go through them again. I rushed this one out to get something posted and hurried the other too so they need some tweaking.
  7. They are growing quickly, must be keeping the parents busy catching food .
  8. Next up - flying lessons!
  9. excellent
  10. super shot - real posers !
  11. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Like all kids greedy little beggers,nicely togged.
  12. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

A fine family collection.

A good shot, a special scene and a moment that we've been eager for now for ages. Well done.

Half a minute in the mangle would give us more from the shadows on the middle one's eyes and tone down those bright leaves... :whistle:
  13. Superb shot !
  14. Thank you Shirley for the comment. One of them at least feeding them.
  15. Would like to catch them leaving the nest and flying a bit
  16. Thank you for the comment jon
  17. Thank you Polly. It was about 90 or + and they were really hot, stayed on the nest edge with their mouths hanging open from the heat. Mom was doing the same.
  18. Thank you for the comment. Am sure they like to eat as much as they have grown so quickly. Just the heat on them at the moment
  19. I have a redo but too late to do an edit to the op and change it out

Thanks. Going to redo this one along with the others I quickly ran through trying to post one for you all. Will be a bit though before I get around to it and I have already been working on the leaves and tweaking everything. Had some work come in so will be some days away probably. Got some others that will be nice, prob better than this one.
    Last edited: May 11, 2018