1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goldcrest

Discussion in 'Flora & fauna' started by Charltonfan, Jan 8, 2024.

1. Walking along the road to the next village in the forest when this obliging little chap popped up. Luckily the camera was to hand. Low shutter speed and high ISO but got away with it after rattling off a few shots! Click pic for full res version

[​IMG]Goldcrest (Regulus regulus) by Steve Young, on Flickr
  2. Very good. Great detail. We are beginning to get flocks of these birds visiting our garden. There is something that is attracting them to our weed-infested lawn, I was going to get into shape to the standard of our old house's manicured lawns. Not now, no weed killer or insecticides are going to be used in this garden. I have tried to photograph them but had no success to that high level.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2024
  3. You did well to get an obliging one, they don't keep that still for very long.
    I found one a few weeks back that the bird terrorist cat had caught and killed. :mad:
  4. Great capture of an elusive creature.
  5. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Almost a portrait session there, lucky you! Well taken advantage of...a really good study of it.
  6. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Cracker :)
  7. Thanks guys. Persistence is key with these little blighters
  8. Fab, love the expression
  9. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Great shot especially as its such a tiny bird.