1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuji X M1

Discussion in 'Cameras and lenses' started by togwood, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Has anyone had any experience with a Fuji X M1? They are selling for £350 with a 16-50mm lens plus Fuji are offering a free 50-230mm lens if bought before March. I'm just looking at some sample images, it seem like a great deal as far as image quality is concerned. I'm not sure how much use the 50-230 will be considering the cameras doesn't have a viewfinder though.
  2. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

I've never used one - but I've yet to use a Fuji X Series camera that I haven't been impressed with.

No viewfinder would bother me though.
  3. Sam

Sam

If you can manage without a viewfinder,it's a bargain,when you get the free 50-230 flog it on Ebay for about £200.:)
  4. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

I would go for a Fuji XE1 at the price they are going for now not much different to the price for this and with a view finder.
  5. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Good call ^^^^
  6. Just looked on Fuji's site and they are selling refurbished XE1s with a 50-230 lens, a bag and a memory card for £399. Very tempting.
    Does anyone know how the viewfinder is for glasses wearers? Looking at the specs it's got a good eye point relief and diopter adjustments. Does it wash out with light getting in passed glasses I wonder?
  7. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

I wear glasses and have no problem the XE1 has loads of features I am sure you will like.
  8. Sam

Sam

I agree about the X-E1,I bought an almost new one off Ebay,I've never had a problem with it,but I use an adaptor and old manual lenses 95% of the time,I prefer using them.:)
  9. Adapting old lenses is something I've fancied doing for a while. I wish I still had my old 50mm Vivitar.
    They've 12 left in stock so I'm going to sleep on it. Thanks chaps.