1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flickr ?

Discussion in 'General chit-chat' started by Stansgang, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Blooming site doesnt recognise my log in password, so i thought i will make a new account and that wont accept passwords saying invalid even though i am trying to make a new account, reset password email just says click link and on doing so it just goes to log in page back to square one. Anyone else experiencing this.
  2. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Are you using an email address that you haven't used before for FlickR?
  3. Can log in OK here. :shrug:
  4. Stansgang

No,its my yahoo one i have always used with no problem.
  5. Oy

To create a new account you'll almost certainly need to use an email address that you haven't used on FlickR before.
  6. Everything OK for me. I have had the problem in the past and did have to create a new account with a different email.
  7. Stansgang

Yes i know that thanks i was referring to my original account,i have just tried to make a new account with a new email all okay until make a password then i just get invalid no matter what i use,this is what shows when i try my original account every time i try a password it comes up with invalid.
  8. Stansgang

I have tried Drei but it just wont accept any passwords i put in.
  9. I had the same happen to me, I contacted customer services and they would unlock if had a knowledge of the account no one else had.

Apparently I didn’t know myself that well so they would not let me in, but offered to delete the account!?!
  10. No problems so far. Hope that you can get it sorted soon.
  11. App or website, I've found the app can be a bit glitchy at times.
  12. Stansgang

Just managed to log on again, thanks for your advice.
  13. Had same issue other week. I had been logged out and even though I was putting in correct password it was saying it was wrong. I did a password reset and it was asking for more characters than the original password. I'm guessing some security update at their end (Had same issue with both accounts I use)
  14. Stansgang

I have put it down to their end mate, I keep thinking of getting a pro account with them but this sort of stuff happens 2 or 3 times a year even to pro accounts so still making my mind up.
  15. Oy

I've never had this sort of problem with my pro account.
  16. Stansgang

i believe Jonty had a problem a while back and research ont tinternet brings up this same problem from Pro,s flickr forums.I think you have been lucky and i hope it remains that way for you.;)
  17. my mate had the same issue , problem was being a pro his account was in there and they had bank details so they kept taking his pro subscription even though he couldn't get back in ,im thinking of cancelling the pro account when its due in November as its not the same place as it was 10 years ago , you can put the best picture in the world but if you don't have the following no one sees it like facebook some can put a pile of horse manure and get the reaction , were great shots can get little as its dependent on likes from friends. im always having issues with flickr since they changed a few years ago , it was best when it was free with bt broadband .