1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enhance in PS and Lightroom.

Discussion in 'General chit-chat' started by Judge, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Am I alone in thinking that this "new" enhance function is a complete and utter waste of space?
    I've used it before in Lightroom and it didn't enhance anything and usually added some nasty red fringing abberance.
    Sure it lets you increase your file size but what use is that unless you want to print the size of a bus?

OR am I just doing it wrong?
  2. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

I can print the size of a bus anyway with 47mp. In fact I had no problem printing very big with the 12mp D700.

The only use I can think of is if you've cropped quite a lot and stiull need a big file.
  3. Same here, don’t really see the point.

I’ve printed 30” wide from my 6mp D40, and it was spot on.

Parlour trick stuff which may be of fringe use once in a blue moon. But what do I know?
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  4. Not alone :)
  5. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

I opened a thread about it recently here having been pestered with so-called experts raving about it over a couple of weeks.

There's a very different and more temperate opinion on here! :rofl:
  6. Apparently when viewing at about 1000% there is a small improvement over the normal image size increase. Not sure how you would see that real life
  7. Glad to know it's not just me then!