1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elevate Your Dreams

Discussion in 'Architecture' started by stanokella, May 3, 2017.

1. These are great Stan, making me want a drone :)
    The people in the first and last really do work and set the sense of scale as do the lanes leading you a merry dance thru the image, good stuff!
  2. Last one for me, but all good.
  3. great shots of freaky sculpture :)
  4. Wonderful POV
  5. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

It's a horrid thing. Fortunately it is hidden from virtually everyone by the trees. I have been and togged of course (shame on me) and still don't get how this monstrosity pays any respect at all to the miners who worked there and who apparently approved the thing.

Anyway, you have some splendid angles on it, ones that the passersby and drivers on the motorway cannot see. Shot three is very well framed and my favourite here. Good work and with a strong subject such as this, you have proven the use of your kit very well indeed.

Just fit it with ballistic missiles please.
  6. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

^^^^^ Agreed. I usually like public art but this is horrid.

The last pic is the one for me - I bet most who visit miss the wording round the edge!
  7. They are good fun, I got the cheapest one that DJI do, to dip my toe in the water. Purely for photography, no interest in the flying just the angles it can give. The flying part actually is pretty good fun, and made me look into the FPV freestyle of flying them.

Hehe, saw a thing on YouTube where it attaches to the quad and can drop stuff with a remote release!

Same here, I love public art like the shell and Gormleys stuff. But this I really don't get, and same reasons as Dv, I see no connection with mining.

This was the missus idea, said should drone it so I did as I was told. So we had a hobble up at the weekend, she's joined the hobble crew as she's broke a bone in her foot. Slowed her down to my pace!

I must admit I didn't know the writing was there, as when been not actually walked on it and took pics from afar.

Thanks to all for the comments, worth the hobble.
  8. Cheers Stan, I may have a look at the DJI phantom 3 . Its my birthday in a few months :)
  9. Again some very different shots from angles you would not normally see.
    FPV First Person View. Be aware that it is mandatory to have someone with you when you fly FPV under BMFA guidelines. It's a guideline that most people seem to have ignored though. With the cameras getting so small I might just resurrect my own airborne photography. I did some over 20 years ago with an old film camera and a jury rigged shutter activator fitted to a 5th Scale Piper Cub. I seem to remember you needed quite a fast shutter speed to avoid blur from the vibrations of the engine. I ended up shutting it off and taking the picture on the glide as you were limited to one shot per flight. It wasn't very successful I recall. The drone shots are much better.
  10. The camera is permanently f/2.8 so shoots fast in pretty much all light.

Would like to see some pics if you have any?

Thanks for the info on the FPV, enjoy more watching the videos as I'm too old to have the reactions to actually do it!
  11. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Last one for me also,keep them coming please.
  12. first for me of a great set :)What I like recently especially ,people are taking more notice again of the actual picture rather than what equipment is used about 10 years ago photography had a period where it became snobby ,I.e. you had to use the best dslr ,and most expensive big heavy lens ,now we have started to look at the shots again, for what they are ,and this new way your using is pretty unique to our group and is a breath of fresh air. :)

13. That's a very good point John. I've become less obsessed by gear myself, yeah I have a decent Nikon body but I'm more concerned by my image and what makes it easier to achieve than the gear used. Like my move to using grads, and getting is right in camera as best as I can to leave the processing to a minimum.

The drone is a good example, it's a cheap camera and it's about the images and angles I can get rather than it's a nikifujinonony fsdr230181 with 23.3444303 mp and has a built in whojimiwotsot that means I can achieve a nanometer more sharpens.
  14. Saw these on Flickr,like them all again but no3 is my pick
  15. Sorry Stanokella it was a long time ago and they have long since ended up in the bin. They weren't much to look at to be honest as they only showed the playing fields at Shevington and a section of the HIgh school. (We used to have permission to fly on the school field many many years ago.)
  16. No drama, would have been cool to see.
  17. I only binned them a few years ago when we were sorting out mum and dads house.