1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difficult times

Discussion in 'General chit-chat' started by gasman, Mar 8, 2019.

1. I didn't manage to test the Oly / Pan combo as the guy was still away. However, I bit the bullet and bought the OMD E-M1 Mk2 with the 100-400 Pan lens. Got to sort out the settings and going to try it out at a reserve tomorrow. I bought them at Wex and traded in my lenses from the D500 (I still have the body) Just hope that the AF is as good as stated by many . Thanks for all of your comments guys - appreciated as per normal :thumbup:
  2. Well guys, after trying out my new set up I can say this - I am not that pleased. Perhaps it's me - well, yes, I guess it's me really. The Pany/ Leica 100-400 appears soft at the long end and my bif shots are not what I would want to achieve. I would love to have a short lens for landscapes where I think the camera would hold it's own against the DSLR's. Options would be to get the 300mm prime and 1.4 converter - shots online look good. Roll on a lottery win :)
  3. I know we discussed this recently. I do hope you can find a solution that satisfies your artistic needs, but doesn't take too much of a toll on your body. We're off butterfly hunting tomorrow and having debated whether to take the D800, I've decided to stick to the little Powershot. Hubby can carry our picnic :)
  4. I am meeting Steve Young tomorrow as he has the same set up - perhaps he can shed some light on this. We went to One Tree hill in Essex on Friday chasing butties. Where are you off to?
  5. I'm sure Steve can help you out. I spent a couple of hours with him last year at the bluethroat gathering - he even gave me a lift back to my car. We're off to Noar Hill in East Hampshire in the hope of finding some Duke of Burgundy butterflies. This week is about the last of the peak time to see them. I believe it's my first reserve visit so far this year. Last year I must have been doing two or three a week by now. I need to get back into the swing of things :)
  6. Nice one and I'll send you a PM about up-coming dates :)
  7. Steve was very helpful and we spent ages going through the Oly menu at Sevenoaks. We exchanged lenses and both got the same results - mine soft at the top end and his OK. Then we shot the same bird in the water in his preferred method, AP. I had to step down between 2/3rds and one whole stop to achieve his readings. Another fiend has the same camera, so she tried my lens and I tied her 45-150 + 1.4 tc. till the same. Fortunately, she knows an Olympus technician and I am hoping to meet up with her to try and resolve the problem. If not, it can be part exchanged for a Nikon 500mm PF :)