1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burscough Top Locks

Discussion in 'Architecture' started by Dvorak, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

That's "Burz-coe" to those looking in with for'n accents (it actually means a Viking fortress in the woods). ;)

The mighty Leeds Liverpool Canal branches off at this point and the junction is home to one of the oldest dry docks on the country's canal network. We mooched in the early evening gloom.

1 Loved the light, wish I'd gone back to the car for the Nikon and the 10-20:

[​IMG]

2:

[​IMG]

3:

[​IMG]
  2. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

A fave spot of ours - and the pub.

No3 is the shot from these :)
  3. Nice evening light.
    No.3 is the shot :)
  4. Great set, the first has model look about it, but the light in the last is superb.
  5. The second is awesome to me! I just love door shots!
  6. Dvorak

Thank you.

I must confess to pulling the saturation down ever so slightly to add some sadness to this less-loved cottage.
  7. lovely images and I would like to have stood on the bridge soaking up that lovely winter light
  8. Looks like a good place to while away the hours. Smashing light, especially No3.
  9. Yep, last one by a league.
  10. Agreeing No.3 is the shot. Maybe you would have missed the good light if you went back.
  11. Yes 3 is a belter.
  12. Dvorak

Thanks all.

I wanted to capture that little doggie with a decent background - you can judge my success by the fact that there's no cloning out, and only a hint of the big posh BMW behind the wall.
  13. I love the last one! What a fascinating place to live :)
  14. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Its in the right place at the right distance for me to have lunch when doing a circular cycle route, its my half way point. And as can be seen a nice spot for togging.
  15. Nos 1 and 2 for me !!!
  16. A favourite place. Number 2 an excellent shot.