1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi-Weekly Biweekly 202 - Water

Discussion in 'Competitions & challenges' started by Drei Löwen, Jun 15, 2017.

1. The new theme is WATER and can be anything at all to do with water. 2 photos each and suggest end date is midnight Sunday July 2nd.

This is a pretty easy theme and I would hope we can get more than 6 entries.
  2. @Oy could you please correct my obvious mistake with the title and Comp number. Sorry for the additional work.
  3. Good topic. I'll try this if time permits
  4. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Street Photography on the water

[​IMG]
  5. Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  6. Water of life

[​IMG]
  7. Oy

Just a reminder folks - this comp started on Thursday 15th June so all entries need to have been taken on or after that date.
  8. one out then 12th June for my first shot ,I thought because they finish on a Sunday they would have started the previous Sunday as the previous comp went on for 3 weeks ,so please delete my first shot which is a shame as its my fave ,but hey ho rules is rules :)
  9. [​IMG]

Morning View
  10. Oy

Like water off a...

[​IMG]
  11. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

The Chaser Is On:

[​IMG]

Alluring Azure:

[​IMG]
  12. Firstly thanks to everyone that entered. The overall quality is very high and I am afraid it will come down to very small differences to separate out the those that deserve a placing.

Street Photography on the water
    Excellent picture with a very nice composition. I am afraid the title went over my head but the image fits the bill and is a great entry.

Blue water
    Kind of breaks all the rules with the island, lighthouse and horizon very central but I liked this one from the minute I saw it because of the colours.

Tracks
    Very nicely composed and again a very intriguing POV.

Water of life
    Excellent picture and bang on theme.

Glasses
    This one has me intrigued how you managed to get the glasses tipping. Excellent action shot caught at the right moment. Again bang on theme.

Morning View
    POV excellent on this one as well. Definitely different and creative.

Like water off a...
    Bang on theme and captured at the right moment.

Rivington
    Very simple landscape that made an immediate impression on me. Loved it.

Little Fall
    Definitely on theme but for some reason I didn't warm to it. Sorry just a gut response.

Nigella
    Took me a while to work this one out. Nice sharp drops well togged.

The Chaser Is On:
    Excellent shot of the chaser with lots of detail. I felt the water played a supporting role in this picture rather than the main role.

Alluring Azure:
    Love these azures, which you have captured really well. In any other comp it might have been the winner but a bit lacking in water for this one.

As I said it was a very close call across the whole group with four standing out for me. Sadly for Stanokella the Morning view did not make the final podium but was very close. The result is:

3rd place: Rivington
    2nd place: Water of life
    1st place: Glasses
  13. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Well done Mark - it's been back and forth between you and Mike for ages now.

I tried with mine to offer something that was totally dependent for its life on being in or above water, with at least 50 percent of each image being of water - hence the subject choices. But I applaud the winners! :thumbup:
  14. Oy

Some beltin shots this time!

I'll explain "Street Photography on the water"

Street Photography as a genre tends to be about recording "a slice of life" - candidly. This usually happens in the street - but this one is a waterway rather than a road/pathway.
  15. Great selection and takes (pardon the pun) in the theme. A great critique and a worthy top 3.

Well done @mark222 for a top shot, and @Drei Löwen for a great theme and judging.