1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi-Weekly Bi-Weekly number 168 - Blues (Closes Sun 2nd Aug)

Discussion in 'Competitions & challenges' started by Markay, Jul 15, 2015.

1. To counteract the reds in the last two challenges let's see some blues. Doesn't have to be blue in colour either!

Any processing but no composites.
    2 entries each
    Closing date is 2 weeks from today - midnight Sunday 2nd August ( I will be away on the Sunday so won't be able to check entries on the Sunday, is that ok everyone?)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2015
  2. @Oy master of ootb :whistle:
  3. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

1. Blue Sky Thinking

[​IMG]
  4. Blue flarz
    [​IMG]

Baby blue tit
    [​IMG]
  5. 3 shades of blue

blue sky. blue chute, blue flag

[​IMG]
  6. Oy

I've changed the closing day to Sunday 2nd Aug as we always finish on a Sunday :)
  7. I'll be away on my jols so will do my best to reply before I'm back on the 9th :)
  8. Joe

Joe

Lots of blues and a few greens... :)

[​IMG]436 by Joe Kelly, on Flickr
  9. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

1 Blue Vane:

[​IMG]

2 Blue Bell:

[​IMG]
  10. Sorry for the delay, I've sadly been away on holiday.:rude: Plus side being I can share a few new snaps!

You've all made this difficult to choose and here's why -

1. Blue Sky Thinking - Love the amount of blue sky, the pose and perfect title. I think I would have named it the same straight away.

2. Blue flarz - Really nice colours and the flowers just keep going and going, love the angle and the framing.

3. Baby blue tit - CUUUUUTE. Lovely detail and bokeh.

4. Blues and Twos - I wonder what happened! Not your standard racetrack shot, I like it.

5. Summer Breeze - The blue sky colours are great and I really like the movement

6. 3 shades of blue - Met the brief really well and very well captured!

7. 436 - Even the green bits are blue! What a view, really nicely shot too.

8. War Child - I love the subject matter and the sky links it really well to the brief. Poor lad looks a bit blue too.

9. Blue Vane - Nicely framed, great detail and I really really like the amount of blue and the particular tone of blue in this.

10. Blue Bell - Yep, blue guys in the background! Hope it didn't ring with you near it :)

11. Port Sunlight - So blue! Really matches the blue theme and I feel like its an interesting way to present the subject matter.

So for my top picks (very difficult)

I'm going to choose-

First - Dvorak, Blue Vane.

Second - Oy, Blue Sky Thinking

Third - 436, Joe Kelly
  11. That was my winner from the moment I saw it, we'll done Dvorak! :clap:
  12. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Gosh, wow, thanks, etc. That's a surprising and really wonderful result - thank you very much indeed. :w00t:

I am genuinely humbled against shots which needed more set up or grabbed more spectacle. Well done all - I know it's sometimes hard to get a shot to order for a competition (and some weeks I have really struggled to be made to join in) but it's a good feeling to get valuable feedback and play alongside fine Nutter colleagues.

There will be another poll along starting tomorrow - good luck to everyone.
  13. Oy

2nd FTW as it were :)

Thanks for a good and interesting comp @Markay :)
  14. Joe

Joe

Thanks for the placing! And yeah, thanks for the comp, I'm glad I actually got around to taking part in this one :)
  15. yay well done guys