1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bay Buildings

Discussion in 'Architecture' started by Dvorak, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Well, two of my recent sets from Cardiff Bay haven't managed more than two responses, but as I do try to feed back on as many threads posted as I can, I'll plough on with more which I hope are of some interest.

1 The old dock offices and their new surroundings, including the Welsh Parliament (that's the one on the right of the image, not the circular one on the left!):

[​IMG]

2 Behind me in the shot above, the famous Norwegian Church:

[​IMG]

3 It was a Lutheran Church, consecrated in 1868 and an early illustration of the international feel that Cardiff takes great pride in celebrating to this day:

[​IMG]

4:

[​IMG]

5 Nearby are television studios. Indulge me with the back end view (for my records) of the street set for one of the UK's longest running soap operas, Pobol y Cwm:

[​IMG]

6 And here's the Wales Millennium Centre:

[​IMG]

7 Torchwood Tower (for the sci-fi fans):

[​IMG]

8:

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  2. Nice colourful set of a place that I have never visited. No6 for me - quirky and made better by the Herring gull too.
  3. interesting set - great range of different architecture in no. 1
  4. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Another vote for no1. I think I’d have taken a step or two right to sit the wheel on top
    Is the old wooden thing :)

Has to be a nod for Torchwood Tower too :prop:
  5. Another interesting and varied set. (I'm commenting when I can, but am pushed to get everything ready for my trip) :)
  6. I like the variety here too! Especially the close up of the Norwegian Church with the flags!
  7. Really nice set of shots to shows whats around Cardiff. Very nice & and different pov in #3 & 6
  8. Great colours and variety
    Like them all but 6 and 8 my picks