1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another little ol' church

Discussion in 'Architecture' started by Polly, Feb 19, 2015.

1. St Mary the Virgin, Sevington, Ashford, sunny day on 17th Feb. 12th century, teeny weeny grounds, couldn't get in. Weird sky in no. 4 - don't know how tho.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Pity you couldn't get in, looks in good condition.
  3. Sam

Sam

The old Churches are lovely,it's a pain when you can't get further back,to stop the leaning,the 2nd one for me,were 3 and 4 in deep shade,that could cause the Sky problem,I think.:)
  4. The first two with the nice blue skies.
  5. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Nice little church!

Banding like that in the sky is usually caused by over processing. Did you shoot it too bright and then try to bring the sky back?
  6. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Yes, the banding does spoil. The others are keepers, though. Please, please, get a chance to go in when you can - I'd love to see how it looks and any ancient details on offer: Google images tease some interesting bits.
  7. I agree with the above but diitch that last one please it spoils all the others.
  8. It is a lovely little church, but what a pity you couldn't go in. I photographed one in Somerset last year. It was only part of a landscape, but my research showed you could ring the key holder and they would come and let you in. Sadly I didn't have the time :)
  9. lovely looking church that
    would love to see inside