1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ambush

Discussion in 'Digital artwork' started by Kevin, Dec 31, 2017.

1. I think this is one of my better efforts so far with this type of stuff, it's not so out there as the others i have been trying.
    [​IMG]Ambush by kevin barnes, on Flickr
  2. I like the composition, however, to me, the background, especially the sky, is quite distracting.
  3. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

I also really like the subject and his expression. Really dramatic. It works really well as a shot in itself and is a strong scene already so I don't feel the processing style of the backdrop adds to it. But others will. :)
  4. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Works for me - nice one :)
  5. Definitely the best one of your composite pieces. This one looks more natural. Really well done.
  6. Idea works well, just a couple of little tweaks would really help it for me.

There is a strong shadow on the rock on the left, but he creates no shadow and the area under his bracing arm is no darker than the rest of the grass. The lights don’t wine gel from the background to foreground. Think the foreground needs a darken and some contact shadows to the figure.

I think a texture over the top and even some smoke and mist add the sense of drama, maybe a hint of smoke from the gun.
  7. I seem to be unable to see any of Kenins pictures on multiple forums! I shall re-boot and try again.
  8. me too.
  9. That's better. very "Sharp(s)" get it!?
  10. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Yep thats an improvement.It looks like he as something in his mouth,nothing wrong with that,i assume its the bit they bite off the gunpowder bag/pouch thingy and he hasnt spit it out?
  11. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Hard to say if it's an improvement or not - as the original has gone rendering all the above comments a bit pointless!
  12. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

I might be owd you cheeky young whippersnapper but i do remember errrr what was i going to say:think: